Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

I moved forward with steam and left my dev latest build installed lol what ever it’s a work around i only paid $1 for game pass

Super weird bug I’m experiencing. The game stopped downloading when it was around 43GB, and when I relaunched the game, it placed me into the menu screen and thinks that the game is fully downloaded when its clearly not. It doesn’t let me update the game, nor does it let me play the game even though it thinks its downloaded. I tried deleting all the files, but it repeatedly still places me into a empty menu.

this sounds like, as a guess, the “Digital Ownership” package isn’t installed through the store/Xbox app- which only will install after the main app installs.

Does FS2020 only work with NTFS filesystems? I installed FS2020 on exFAT, but I am having an issue with low FPS, and all settings are reset every time it is run. I wonder if this has anything to do with exFAT.

Balckscreen after press any key is there a solution??

1 Like

I keep getting extremely low frame rates and stuttering.

Loading into an airport I’m at 5-10fps.

GTX 1080Ti. Intel 7600K CPU. NVIDIA game ready drivers installed. Really weird…

Is anyone else having trouble with active pause? My issue is that it doesn’t seem to pause the airspeed indicator. If the aircraft is descending, it will continue gaining speed even while paused until it becomes overstressed. If it’s climbing, it will bleed airspeed and then stall when unpaused.

My download crashes to desktop - tried all the fixes on the forums I’ve found so far none work. Have removed it fully and rebooted. Very buggy wish i had bought steam version. Might just ask for a refund soon.

1 Like

I’m stuck at 75gb left to download, been that way for an hour, took me an hour just to get to that point. I have 100 gigabit speed so I know it’s not my internet.

[/quote]

i have that same issue too im not sure what to do about it

Crashing when i load in a game

I have 16gb ram and a GTX1060 6Gb and a core i7 8750H

Hard crash when saving flight plan.

I set Brunswick as my departure airport and Brunswick city as my destination, at 400 feet, and that was fine, but when I chose to save the route, clicking on the save route button, the program crashed.

One Windows frame, blank, appeared on screen, no other graphics were visible.

Task manager was not accessible.

Program closed by resetting computer.

Congratulations to all those who have actually managed to install MSFS even though you are having problems.

I can’t even get it to install.
It downloads 984.3Mb then stops.
Arrrrgh!

:tired_face:

Me too. Tried everything including PC refresh with same error at 984.3Mb

Is your installation of Windows 10 up to date? Mine was one cycle behind, and after I ran the Windows Update, I was able to install MSFS.

anyone else having download issues?

Having issues with the installation being stuck at 3gb saying “please wait”. Restarted the app and my pc to no avail.

Having the same Windows Insider issue:

[Window Title]
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

[Content]
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Also reported via the feedback hub/

2 Likes

I have moved your post to the appropriate thread, please look at the posts above to see if they answer your questions.

My installation is stooped at fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.002 . tried to restars and relaunch the installer but still the same problem , have another 75GB to be downloaded