Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

or just mute it - whole system or specific audio stream in the volume mixer

Any update on the MS Store syntax error for windows insider users please? 3 days now getting a bit fed up of the lack of acknowledgement. Alpha was great, no issues, but now locked out of the deluxe version until who knows when

Totaly unable to donwload the game! I have purchase deluxe premium and impossible to donwload for 3 Days.

Thank you very much, you solved my problem for letting me cancelled the last download in the folder. it’s working perfectly after following you suggestion

1 Like

Hey there,

This is the exact same error I am getting on the Windows Insider build OS Build: 20190.1000

Nathan,

Same with me. Trying since day one to download. Logging in and out doesn’t work. Reinstalling ist also useless. Only able to download the 1GB for the launcher and after that this stupid error.

It’s just frustrating that you can’t do anything and microsoft doesn’t seem to do sth, too. They should at least post sth what’s up with this error.

That stinks. Do you have any recommended key words to search for or a name that would let me either find it or know if it is one I tried? Thanks in advance. I am currently problem free but have been keeping hwinfo up monitoring everything and this game seems to tax things that aren’t the norm and even seems to be treating ram weird. I want to figure out what is going on and why requires the things it does and hopefully get rid of the massive pagefile I have to have to run the game.

Good God. Can you be more of a petulant little child? Grow up.

Eat me - you spend money you expect a service. It’s really simple.

Come on - civility and patience

I have an infinite download loop problem and my download gets stuck on specific fspackage files that download 10%, then fall back to 0%, go back up to X%, then fall back to 0% again over and over.
In the download folder, there are no individual files to delete to restart the download process for this specific fspackage.
And if I delete one of the completed packages (delete a complete folder), MSFS downloads the deleted files just fine, but then gets stuck on the problematic loop file again.

If you try it a few hours later again, there is a 50% chance the download resumes. To me it looks like the server craps out on the client connection and not my internet on this because the internet is stable the whole time. And it’s getting really frustrating, it would be easier for MS to just let us download the package files manually from their server instead of using the launcher.
Because that actually works
 if you have files downloaded you can copy them around and the launcher actually recognizes these files as complete and resumes the download with the next file.

1 Like

Sorry - but MMOs don’t do this, shoot No Man’s Sky didn’t do this.

Thanks for proving my point you’re a child.

Is the “h” silent like you should be?

Stop it
@SithPack @Erich199

This not the venue to escalate.

No worries.

That’s the issue I’ve seen too.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/known-issues/

158098: Looping download on "pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage [TRIAGING]

The content manager is stuck in a downloading loop on the “pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.59.fspackage” and not progressing (about 17 GB into installation).

A potential work that works for some is to go to close Microsoft Flight Simulator, find the last downloaded files on your specified drive :\MSFS\Official\OneStore and delete them. Relaunch title and it will attempt to download again.

Some have also downloaded the content from another machine and copying it locally. We are working on this issue and will keep you updated.

1 Like

Edit: You can forget most of this since you answered it before I hit enter. lol Good luck
Lol, funny and true but what is specifically going on? Where in the download process is it hanging? Did you make it through the first 1gb dl? How much of the second dl have you downloaded and how much does it say you have left? Is it acting like it’s downloading but slow or does it look like nothing is happening? Have you tried any of the network fixes posted somewhere in this forum that seems to fix the slow download issue? I think it is a command prompt thing but I am not certain though it does seem like it is something you haven’t tried going by your comment. Honestly I would be ■■■■■■ too if I spent $120 and couldn’t get what I bought working.

I have tried this and it didn’t work. One thing that would have helped with a download this big would have been maybe some predownload content like what’s been done in the past on WoW and KOTOR? I would have been happy just to let it run in the background until launch day.