Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

For all windows store issues google power shell reset windows 10 store you need to run power shell reset command for the store

Will try it now! I give you feedback asap!

The idea to leave 80GB unformatted and format the drive as NTFS with 4k cluster allows windows store for some stupid reason to install to D drive, it also allows the installer to write files to d drive after you create your own folder on your d drive and manually typing in the install path into the installer

Why no idea ms store is able to see the drive after you do this and installer allows install the game with your own folder and path

Who knows seems to be working

The sim always stops here, deinstalled multiple times, updated everything on the PC I could and after two days it still doesnā€™t work. Accumulated more than 24hrs seeing that screen lol. Any help very appreciated :slight_smile:

Hey man I found a solution to this as I had the same problem:
Make sure you close the application before starting,

1st - Remove all usb devices except your mouse from PC
2nd - Navigate to the installation folder.
3rd - Sort by date.
4th - Delete ALL of the FS-base stuff you see thatā€™s not in the folder (the ones with the white paper thing)
5th - Run application again and it should work then!
Hope it works for you

Screenshot (93)|690x388

You need to crash out if that screen and run the game with right click run as admin and try again to get rid of that screen. If you have issues you need to download the installer and run it again as right click run as admin

Or try like someone suggested delete some files inside the install folder

2 Likes

MSFS for me is alternating on each program start between looping black screens at ā€œpress any key to startā€ to ā€œplease insert cd to continue.ā€ I installed and palyed first day no problems, next day I had to re-install. Today I flew a few flights and closed out. Same problem pops up now again. I donā€™t want to continue to uninstall and reinstall 100GB of data everytime I want to play this game. Please fix this issue. One weird thing I noticied is that my wifi connection dies out right before hitting the ā€œpress any key to startā€ page. Its killed and regular browsing does not even work, as long as MSFS is open. As soon as I close out MSFS, the wifi can reconnect. I have replicated this like 20 times. I have disabled firewalls, enabled firewalls, disabled defender, etc, allowed acess for flight simulator in windows fire wall, wsreset.exeā€¦etc. So the bug is tied to somehow disabling ability to connec to wifi in the system.

It does not workedā€¦ IĀ“m not sure what is wrongā€¦ I could cryā€¦
@HARD1315 I hope it will work for you and you could enjoy the game!

Are they serious? No mention of CTDā€™s in game (not on blue bar)? No update since August 18th?
Iā€™ll return this garbage!

Irony is I have already installed the game successfully at day one (18 hours download!), but then it crashed constantly due to a d3d11.dll error when starting a flight. So, I eventually deinstalled for a fresh installation. Now, the installer is irrevocably stuck at the Content Manager and does not even catch the first file (787 file flickers fastly but nothing happens, not even pause button works).
Iā€™m a bit frustrated but I take it with ease since Iā€™m not alone.
I wish everyone good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Makes me feel sick just reading all these issues.
I have a very slow internet connection and currently 20 hrs into a 4 or 5 day estimated installation process due to my slow 2 mbps connection.
All is going well so far with 13.5GiB installed after about 20 hrs (slower than my normal download speed). PC will be running constantly till downloaded of fails as dont want to do a restart.
If this fails i will not try again till November as have to start a new work 7 days a week contract and wont get time to mess about trying to reinstall.
Feel for all the people who have had to re install so many times but count yourselves lucky you dont have my connection speed.

ATTENTION!!! I have finally found the end to my madness of restarting downloading packages. this is what i did and it fixed it. First of all uninstall anything xbox that lets you uninstall it ie. xbox app, then disable windows defender firewall. restart pc and right click flight sim app run as admin and you should be good. i really hope this helps its been unbearable. this is for if you downloaded from the windows store bought or game pass.

Anyone getting blurry scenery and textures on ultra? Hereā€™s some screenshots of NYC, as you can see with a little zooming in, the quality is atrocious: https://imgur.com/a/3luzuDW.

Iā€™m using a 1080, 50mbps internet and on a M.2 drive. Tried lower settings, different NVIDIA control panel settings, everything. Nothing fixes it. My VRAM never exceeds 6.5/8GB.

I was having a problem with the initial 990Mb download stopping at 984.3Mb and refusing to go any further, it was frustrating after the 5th try and I was apoplectic after the 12th.

Iā€™m now a happy bunny as Iā€™ve discovered what the problem was, for me at least.
It was all to do with permissions within my windows account, I think.

I normally log in locally rather than with an email address and that just wasnā€™t working so I enabled the Administrator account and tried that. Presto - the Sim loaded fully and installed. Itā€™s now running fine.

However I didnā€™t want to continue using the Administrator account so I created another user and guess what - It works.

It must have been some problem with corrupt permissions in my original account even though it was an admin account.

If you had the same problem as me, give it a go, you never know.

:smiley:

Any update on the MS Store Syntax errorā€¦ day 3 with no access.

me tooā€¦the same

Hello everyone,

Weā€™ve just created a small survey to help us categorize the different issues you might have.

When asked, please describe how the SIM behave once you encounter an issue.

Thank you for your help, weā€™ll get through this. Many are already in the SIM, Iā€™m sure it will be the same with you soon! :slight_smile:

I keep getting this when trying to fly. Reinstalled the game & drivers, did not get this on the Alpha.

Specs: 3900x, 2070s, 32GB

And are you able to fly the training missons?

The initial forum rules donā€™t allow us to post links.

We can use "preformatted text" though and it drops the ā€œcanā€™t post linksā€ popup.