Installation Issues & Bugs Megathread

After the 1.9.5 patch, worked fine for about a day. Then, I couldn’t even launch the game, steam version. Steam shows the get as launching, then running, momently before stop we stopping.

I was running nvidia rtx2060 456.71, but rolled back to 456.55 to see if that made a difference, it did not. All windows updates applied, windows store up to date. 16 gb ram, 3w gb page file. I tried increasing to see if that would help.

Windows event viewer shows an error of 0xc0000005. I uninstalled and reinstalled through steam. I can’t even load now to get the main program download, much less any updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just go merged into here so I thought I ought to bring up my issue,

Whenever I’m trying to download the game, it starts downloading a file, it might get through few, and then eventually it’ll just stop. No errors or anything, it just completely halts and makes it seem like it’s still downloading, but will be stuck with the same numbers.

I’ve figured out the issue by monitoring the app in NetLimiter. The app after some amount of time will just completely stop using the network at all. It drops the actual download connection and the only thing working are whatever monitoring connections they have or something.
This is the second time I’m installing MSFS and it worked perfectly the first time, but now I’m having issues on my new PC.

Methods I’ve tried and did not work:

• The netsh command fix
  • Changing installer to C:/ (rather than G:/)
  • Running app in administrator
  • Using a VPN (I bought a whole VPN and struggled through the 2MB/s download just to see it still didn’t work)

If there’s anything I ought to try that I haven’t, please let me know.

Edit: I see that my original post is here, but this one is less wordy and more to the point along with the information I’ve gained.

After dealing with this ■■■■ for ages I upgraded my internet to 1Gb\s and the problem has gone away, it might also be due to the router you’re using, my old one was really poor and quite outdated, not really a helpful fix but something to consider if you’re having the download looping issue.

Finally got it working. Rolled back the nvidia driver, turned off v sync, and reinstalled to C: drive vs f:.

Hi,
just two questions about the install path …

1. where is the loacation for the pheripherals settings ?
    i made a clean install but have still my old key / peripherals mappings.

2. i installed the msfs app on my c: drive (default path) and the package
    on my g: drive …now i have two locations for the official and the community folders.
    which one should i use for mods c: or g: ?

thanks in advance

These setting are stored in the cloud and will get pulled down on re-install. To clear all these settings, you can do that in the Controls menu by resetting them all. But, to answer your question as to where they are stored, it’s the in the “LocalCache” folder:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

OR (if installed to another folder/drive)
G:\YOURFOLDERNAME\Community or G:\YOURFOLDERNAME\Offical

You really only have one location. The one on your C drive is mostly “symbolic links”. (That is, if you did a clean uninstall and removed that folder manually after the uninstall). However, there are some files that will still reside on the C: drive but majority of the large files will be where you installed to; in your case, G: Mods will go to the G under Community and your setting should be stored also on G: in the Official folder. How this C: and G: are setup depends on how you installed.

Many thanks for the quick answer :kissing:

Hi guys, got a problem in Downloading fs-base-cgl-0.1.21.fspackage.013

I got a very limited bandwidth of max. 12 Mbps. the Downloader only loads with 5 - 6 Mbps.
And after 3 days of downloading and looping, and download finish, my installer loops at this file.

My installation option worked. I raised up the priority of the Program to high, under Task-Manager --> Details --> flightsimulator.exe --> Right-Click --> Set Priority.

The loop is now for 1 day and 1 night.

When i look in data-usage under Network, i see that the fligh-simulator has downloaded from yesterday to now about 70 GB, but i only get 3,8 GB in real o.O

This is cumulative and not actual physical files count/size. When it loops and keeps downloading, that count you see keeps adding up. Can’t compare that total with what was actually downloaded.

A lot of the looping problems (not all) are WAN based (outside your PC, either router, ISP or the server your connected to) - this why a VPN will work for some. Local issues, some have managed to start over by deleting all temp files and reinstall to a different location (or default) location. What is noted by Asobo for the looping and the fix works for some but not all as it’s 2 fold (WAN or Local). As far as download slow, that also depends on your internet speed and the server connected to.

I’ve tested this WAN issue with friends of mine by setting up a private VPN to my internet (I don’t have any issues downloading/installing). When we did this, they were able to download. One of them still couldn’t but found out it was their router (old); replaced it and then was able to download.

It is hard problem to troubleshoot. Too many factors. :thinking:

NOTE: If you have set any bandwidth limiter (either in Windows 10 or MSFS), this will cause the looping as well.

Okay. If i set a limiter in MSFS, and i have to reinstall. how to reset the limit to unlimited, without getting in game?

On the other Side. i can download every other game with full speed. no Loopings and so on. Battle.Net Games with Full Speed, Steam-Games with Full speed, and Origin and so on . Why that fu loopings go around only in MSFS2020?

1 Like

Good question! There are some threads on this but only answer was to use another XBOX login (which shouldn’t have to be the case).

You would think reinstalling would remove that limit but configuration pulls down from the cloud and I’m not sure what file stores that information (so that you can delete it or edit it). Some user stored settings are in “LocalCache” folder of MSFS. But why using another XBOX account works, I do not know.

Do a search on the forums for: data limit

Asobo needs a different way doing this. :wink:

After the update Nvidia also came out with a driver update - it seems that I get a CTD at the end of every flight now - not sure what’s causing it as I’ve NEVER, until this point, received a CTD. I believe I’ll do a clean install and start from there(?)

I absolutely adore this post !!
“I have to wait 30 seconds for the game to load, 30 seconds !!!”. :laughing:
This is a bit more complex piece of software than any other game you had, trust me.
But oooh 30 seconds, how horrible, how dare they !
I am thinking…about the first and a good chunk of the second decade of the 21st century when we had to wait 180 or more seconds…especially when the fastest broadband you can find offers 1Mbit/s download speed.
Thirty seconds…honestly terrifying… :thinking:

1 Like

I did a clean install and regretted it. So many folders and data to add back that it will take me forever to just get back to where I was. My advice, keep working with the “Update” . Someday they’ll get it simplified and fixed.

Addendum: After two weeks of downloading 24/7 I show 11 GiB downloaded total. I still have 86 GiB to go. Hopefully it will finish sometime before Spring, 2021, assuming “updates” don’t add additional 2-3 GiB to the total each time they come out. My download speed is 5 Mb/sec, same as the first time I downloaded it, which only took 3 days, 24/7.

1 Like

Uninstall drivers via DDU. Download and install hotfix (do not install nvidia experience) 456.71 https://international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/456.71hf/456.71-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

Hi i just bought the Sim in phisical version, i installed the 10 cd and launched the program. After that the content manager make me install the 1.10.8.0. release note.
It would be about 36 gb but now i m at 85 Gb continuing running.
it is normal?
Thanks
Hi

the windows store is not allowing me to update the new patch can someone help plz

Game crashed when changing cockpit refresh rate on the A320 mid flight in menu.