Installation manager download speeds

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I know several people reported this on the forums and theres even a zendeskarticle about it. I just want to make clear I’ve been for 2 days reading in forums and trying all the ZenDesk suggestions to try to improve the download speed and get the sim to install unsuccessfully. Therefore I thought at this point it might be worth to open a new thread. Other posts I’ve seen eventually the problem got solved with one of the suggestions that appear in the ZenDesk article, but not for me.
Essentially the problem is that I’ve been 2 days trying to install the sim. I’ve installed it 3 or 4 times in the past with no issue whatsoever, at a normal download speed equal to the one I have hired from my ISP. This is the first time I get this issue where the installation manager would download at speeds of 4-5Mbps.
Sometimes restarting the installer cag the speed to ramp up to 20Mbps, but this will last for only 30min or so before reverting to 4-5 or even less.
I think having been here for 2 days pending on the computer to restart constantly the installer so i can get back 20 Mbps at least when my internet speed should be x10 times faster is unnacceptable. Worth noting that the download of MSFS itself through steam took less than 20 min. Any other game I install downloads at normal speed. I got DCS with all module set downloaded and installed in a couple of hours. I think this is downright unacceptable.

I’ll state it once more: even if other users found success in one of the methods described in the ZenDesk article:

Unfortunately it wasn’t the same for me.
I would thank greatly any further suggestion

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

In a fresh windows install with fresh MSFS install just start the sim and begin the installation of standard content mandatory update.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Did you manage to solve this issue? I have exactly the same issue and nothing I do seems to solve it. Please let me know if you were able to solve this, it would help me out a lot.

I just gave up. this is rediculous. the max speed I get whne downloading the game files from MFS is 20 Mbits while Steam delivers 80 Mbits speed at the same time.
The devs have to fix this. this is pathetic.

Same issue.

Hi @nicolondonoe, @gametag9939, and @Ericoh5949, and a warm welcome to the forums. Very sorry to see you all struggling with this particular issue. I hope you each get this sorted soon.

Now that you are here, please check out the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service to better understand the rules of the road in the forums. There is also a Forum Guide where you can learn about the features available to you here.

Again, welcome to the community!

All - Had to rebuild PC, saved MSFS to a portable drive at the size of 160+GBs. Today, having to redownload the rest of it (why it did not all copy is a mystery), regardless, have 50MBPS connection, but MSFS only (wireless or wired both) only downloads at 15MBPS, so the 90+GBs I still need is going to take all day.

Asobo, THIS MAY BE OUT OF YOUR CART, Regardless, you can do two things. 1)Take more of this mess and put it local to machine, which solves having to DL a bunch of stuff. 2)Figure out what/why slow download speeds are occurring and get this fixed. Now, it could be the servers assigned to this process, bulk them up, install more of them because YOU INSIST, thing mess needs to be on the cloud. I am sick and tired of having to wait a day or longer (was week in old house) to get this game, do something Please.

2022-09-22_003401
2022-09-22_003422

agree similar issues … internet speed test 500mbps … map download only 15mbps …

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has improved, some small patches this week, no change on the max of 15MBPS speed.

1 Like

i may not complain, confirm or refute about map or inside flight net problems because use other maps so that was only about update