Installation Manager Stuck Decompressing *SOLVED*

I thought I should share my experience and solution regarding getting stuck on decompressing files when updating the game. I´ve had problems with this at least since world update 5 and probably earlier as well. With the recent world update 6 the problem got to the point I couldn’t finish the update. After numerous attempts deleting uncompressed files in the official directory and restarting the update (which has worked before), and tried the solutions I found in a post from the Zendesk, I stumbled over this post and as a last resort ran the windows memory diagnostic tool. It confirmed faulty memory. I was about trying to nail down which sticks were faulty when I came to think of that I had enabled XMP profile 2 in the BIOS (the most aggressive “Overclocking” profile of the two). As I remembered reading somewhere it could lead to unstable performance I turned it off. This time no errors were found when running the memory diagnostic tool and the update went butter smooth. So sum summarum; it might be a good idea to check and disable XMP if you run into problems with faulty memory and files not being decompressed when updating before buying new memory. I hope this will help some of you having this problem!

2 Likes