Installed Nordic Update, game won't load, stuck at Xbox login

Good day,

My installation was working just fine until I installed the latest Nordic Update. Once installed I started the game and was presented with either: a black screen, or an Xbox login screen, regardless I could not click or do anything to move forward to where the game would start.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue as described above occurred. Now my installation loads the Asobo animation and Xbox screen animation the en fades to black…then that is it or i end up with the XBox login screen again which won’t let me sign it at all.

What’s going on? Any help is appreciated. I find it ridiculous that whenever MS releases a large update or DLC my installation stops working. The only way I was able to get MSFS2020 working after the last major update was by completely reinstalling windows 10.

I obviously don’t want to do that again therefore if there are any fixes to this please share.

System specs:

Intel i9-9900k
Gigabyte AORUS Nvidia 2080 RTX
64 Gb RAM 3200mhz
Installed on a WD 500Gb M.2 SSD drive, plenty of space left.
Windows 10 Version 21H1

Nothing is in my community folder, as in no mods.

You are missing some important details required for others to assist you.

What is your system specs?

Is anything in your community folder?

How much available drive space do you have?

I’ve edited my post.

1 Like

Next time the xbox login appears, press Alt+Enter to switch to windowed mode. You should then be able to sign in successfully, which will hopefully fix your issue.

Your other option is to sign out of the xbox app and MS Store, reboot your PC, sign back into MS Store and xbox app and launch MSFS from there, which may help with the authentication issue without you having to wait for the popup to appear

2 Likes

Try :wink:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/mfs-steam-pc-stuck-on-xbox-loading-screen/413771/11

This fixed it for me - thank you!!

1 Like