Installer Needs Reworking

I’m writing this out of frustration more than anything. There’s no ‘fix’ to this, I just hope the developers might pick this up and deal with it.

I think this is now the third time I’ve had to do a complete reinstall of MSFS because the installer has gotten stuck or become corrupted. With the last update, I had downloaded about 90% of the new files when I had to go out so I paused the download and shut my computer down.

When I returned, the game got stuck on ‘Searching for Updates’. I tried verifying the core files through steam (which evidently was the wrong move) and now I have to reinstall all 100GB again. I feel like I spend more time updating and putting on new content than I do actually playing, it’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Topic moved into Community Support for community assistance.

The Bug Reporting category is for confirmed bugs using the provided template. :+1:

There are topics in the wish list #self-service:wishlist about the installer if you wish to contribute to.

see at here

Yes I presumed that’s what has happened. Thing is it made no difference to me in my situation because the game was stuck at ‘checking for updates’ anyway, and would of needed reinstalling anyway.

Simply put, the installer is awful. It’s buggy, the downloads are slow and for some ununknown reason the files are spread out on server instead of just being compressed in to one download - consequently half the download time is the computer locating the next file.

1 Like