Installer stuck on loop - installs 89% of packet, then goes down to 88%, and repeat, for over an hour

My first attempt at installing msfs2020, as I haven’t played in a long time, was on my D: drive, an external SSD. I installed it, it went fine, however as I launched it when I got past the checking for updates screen and the game was about to load in, it would crash to desktop, every time, without fail.
I tried every solution, and none worked, so I resorted to reinstalling the game.

I figured, possibly I need to do it on my internal HDD, C: drive, so I am installing it there. The first 4 hours go smoothly, and now I am 93% the way through, I run into fs-base–cgl-0.1.72.fspatch.003 which gets 89% of the way downloading, and disaster. It stays stuck there for about 5-10 minutes, then quickly goes to 88%, and then back to 89% and repeat. It has done this for over an hour now.
It goes from 118.97 GB installed out of 127.96 GB to 118.34 GB out of 127.96 GB.
How in the hell is my installer undownloading and redownloading something constantly.

I’m thoroughly disappointed, I was just trying to have fun with a friend, it shouldn’t take two days to install a game, figure out it doesn’t work for ■■■■■■■■■ reinstall it and can’t even finish that. NONE of my other games have ever had any of these issues.

My specs are fine, I have an i7-8700, nvidia 1080, 16gb of ram, plenty of storage, etc.

I don’t have developer mode on or whatever, because I haven’t been able to access the game, I haven’t added or touched my community folder, all I did was try to download the game off the windows store.

This is out of hand, I just want to play the game.

Also,
My drivers are up to date.
Windows is up to date.
I’ve closed other applications.
I have no overlays on.
I’ve dedicated it more memory & such.
I’ve done all the common fixes, nothing has worked for either attempt at playing this game.

hahahaha just YOU give up, no one with brains goes back to xplane after msfs, just people who really believes they are real pilots, OMG. hahahahaha

I’m not trying to give up, but I honestly might have no other choice.

I tried my 3rd complete reinstall, and this is how it went:
Launched the game, starts like normal (data might still been on the hdd)
Goes to check updates page, and tells me I have a 9 gigabyte update, so I do it.
Gets to 78% and resets to 0%. Weird, I give it another 2 shots.
Back to 0%.
I x out of, possibly it was glitching so I relaunched it.
Now the update is 58 gigabytes. I’m currently doing that and am 61% of the way through.

At this point, I don’t know how an installer could be so ■■■■■■ up lmao

Just an update for anyone curious: Cannot get past 61%. cycles to 62%, then to 60%, then 61%. Completely uninstalling then reinstalling over the night.

Try using a VPN tunnel. There are also workarounds that might help, as this is unfortunately a known issue.

See e.g. https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop-Decompressing-issues

1 Like

This is probably the most useless reply to someone that is looking for assistance that I’ve seen here. Why spend your time here on this forum if you’re not even using the sim, and just posting useless stuff like this.

1 Like

I have the same issue.
Today is 2023/8. The issue is still exist.
This is the lowest quality software/game in my life.
I was shocked by the quality.
Wasted too much my time.

Yes…after how many years and I’m also getting the ‘Loopy Larries’ trying to install anything from the dreaded Content Mangler. At NetLimiter set to 2.5Mb and waiting till 3am in the morning seems to coax it into downloading. What a nightmare this is. Years after release… No other downloads from ANYWHERE ELSE behave like this. Loopy Larry Downloads copyright by Microsoft and Asobo.