Intel Hyperthreading Revisited After SU5

I have a 6 core 12 thread CPU. Prior to Update 5, I got slightly better performance with Intel hyperthreading off. After SU5, it seems like I am getting about a frame or two per second better with hyperthreading on. What are you all observing after SU5?

i9 9900k owner here, I’ve always kept hyperthreading on for most of what I run on my PC. The SU5 update, for me, is running smooth as butter except for that occasional pause. I’m guessing it’s because someone is loading in on multiplayer on some low bandwidth. Usually when I turn off multiplayer and just roll with the real-time AI, it’s super smooth frames all out. It’s gotten me back into flying the heavies again that’s for sure.

Turning on hyperthreading made an impact greater than that of using ultra-lights. I was quite stunned, actually.

Paris is flyable (even with that horrid photogrammetry), London (pg off, no need to degrade that great city) better than ever. Singapore, Tokyo. Things look drastically better too. Stutters and pauses largely mitigated, even on plans much faster that the Icon A5. Even when flying my usual should-be-using-a-helicopter altitude and distance.

The crashes, however, are ubiquitous and unforgivable. I’m still trying to get my head around “NWOD” (the forced reverse text debacle in the Content Manager.) Haven’t tried the big airliners yet. That will be the big test, an AI flight to LA.
[edited]
And on that ensuing AI flight to LAX, not one stutter unless I rotated the camera view on the 787. Even on approach. Last time I’d tried this? Slideshow. Same settings all around, except this time I enabled clouds and ultra on the plane model variability. Unreal.

But then, two things happened.

1. the AI flew the plane at some insane low altitude, as if it were trying to land on a strip, but aimed wrong. ATC gives the plane permission to land, after it has flown by, just missing crashing into the airport.

2. Crash. To. The. D@mned. Desktop.

RTX 2080
i7-8700K
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB DDR4 3200MHz
96G virtual memory
Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe

I’m still getting better performance, because I can OC by 400MHz, and lower CPU temp with HT off. That’s on an i9 10850K, so I still have 10 cores available to do the heavy lifting. CPU load is around 50% average across all cores and the highest individual core load is 70-80%, so I reckon Asobo has done a nice balancing job of CPU load.