Intel i9-11900K or the i9-11900KF?

New PC going with 3070 video for mostly a music production system, but also play MSFS 2020 (my only game) which should I choose i9-11900K or i9-11900KF 32GB RAM Ibuypower system? thanks

note: I need top performance on my music applications , I’ll take whatever for the MSFS. I will also do heavy programming (stock market, music and some game development) also on this PC so the multi-core performance is most important.

1 Like

I got I9 11900k with 3070TI. It was recommended over the KF

2 Likes

Do you need integrated graphics?

It can be helpful as a troubleshooting tool at times but other than that KF without should be more affordable.

1 Like

thanks , exactly what I needed

Neither. I’d stay away from the 11900k entirely. A flagship i9 with 2 cores less than the previous generation flagship says it all.

You should consider the 10700k. It’s significantly cheaper and has 10 cores vs 8.

Irrelevant. I had both and much better performance with my 11 900k

2 Likes

11900K has much higher single core performance than 10-series which is essential in MSFS.
I have a 11900K running at 5.2Ghz all core and it is awesome in simulators.

4 Likes

That statement is very misleading. High single-core boost will only help you at low resolutions below 4K. At 4K, you will be bottlenecked at the GPU.

I need top performance on my music applications , I’ll take whatever for the MSFS. I will also do heavy programming (stock market, music and some game development) also on this PC so the multi-core performance is most important.

1 Like

Go AMD then.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X ? or AMD Ryzen 5900X for +$272 options… How does that compare to the i9-11900KF

I have an 11900K, and have no complaints.

3 Likes

Intel is about to release it’s new CPU Alder lake which is rumoured to be 20% faster and brings with it DDR5 support as well as higher bandwidth for storage etc (faster drive access)

1 Like

I dont se any point of going to 11900k, i have an i5 11600k and a rtx3080ti with gpu maxed out with allmost all ultra settings in vr, but CPU utilisation is only 20-30%, so i guees there is plenty of headroom in a 11600k

You would get better performance, but it would likely be marginal. To put it another way, my 30% would be better than your 30%.

MSFS only uses only a few threads, so I’m not surprised about the low CPU utilization. Even my Ryzen 5950x rarely sits above 10% utilization.

Exactly, thats why I think it is overkill to get an 11900 to run msfs alone :grinning: I think that a top notch GPU is a better investment.