Intel Rocket Lake

i am on meditation mode for the new order ---- 11900K + Asus Hero XIII + 64 gskill 3600 CL16

1 Like

If youā€™re going for a new motherboard anyways, then why not go for the Ryzen 7 5800X or Ryzen 9 5900X?

I can maybe understand upgrading to 11th gen if you already have the motherboard, but not if youā€™re buying an entire new system.

I use mainly my pc for 2 reasons: Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom & MSFS 2020. So after a research that i made 11900K is faster.
Also all these years i am using Intel, and i am more familiar with overclocking/tweaking/delid etc + Intel by far is more stable with more headroom for overclocking etc.
If there was an option for AMD i would go with 5900X, but i refuse to pay 900 euros to scalpers.

There is an interesting review of 11900K on toms hardware which analyze more deeply Rocket Lake:

regarding the headroom and potentials of 11900K

Nice! thanks for this. There are like 0 videos on FS2020 and overclocked performance with this CPU. Guess itā€™s still too new. Since itā€™ll still fit a Z490 board, I think Iā€™ll go for it. Could be a sizable upgrade from a 10700K with the overclocking potential.

Will let you know soon, i guess i will have it by the end of this week/next Monday.
I have 8700K so it was time for an upgrade. Lets see how it will work with Asus rog strix 3090 OC

Nice, Iā€™m running a similar GPU. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. You planning on OCing?

From what i read looks like default 11900k overclocking works really good with adaptive boost etc. You could have 5.3/5.2ghz on 2 active single threads. Will check all core overclocking and if my H150i corsair cooling is enough for high-temp. Too bad that delid is not so easy on this cpu. I delided 8700K with liquid metal and i reached 5.1/5.2ghz with 1.4 vcore and 75c max temp on high-stress conditions.

Not bad, I think Iā€™ll turn hyperthreading off since MSFS doesnā€™t really use it much. The other games I play are pretty CPU intensive though. But having HT off usually allows me to push the frequency a bit higher. Who knows, Iā€™ll wait and see how yours does.

1 Like

Iā€™m itching to know if youā€™ve gotten it yet

Ordered since Tuesday. Will arrive i guess during next week from Germany.
Will let you know asap!

Z87 4770k@4100mhz 32 gb
Nvidia 2600 super 8gb at medium/high, but could not cope with heavy scenery, tubers and ā€œtrafficā€.
Bound to bush piloting.

Did Microsoft Flightsimulator trigger the update ?
Well it was all due to comeā€¦

Upgraded to z590 11700k 32 gb
Soft as silk at high default settings.
ā€œvsync at 30ā€ = 37.5 all over the place with 75hz/1440p monitor and latest studio drivers.
ie. New York, London city.

Did not buy a 30 series card last autumn.
No remorse.

Pc is used for creative work besides occasional gaming.
Flightsimulator is a nice bonus.
Using a still good functioning sidewinder forcefeedback 2.
Go figure.
I am happy.

1 Like

I Can imagine youā€™re not in rush with 10850Kā€¦ Iā€™m still running on a 3770K :rofl: