Introducing POSCON - a Multiplayer ATC Flight Sim network

Hello everyone! Today I’m showing you a relatively new multiplayer network that aims to make flight simming as realistic as it gets!

It’s called POSCON - the positive control network and I’ll show you how to install it all and get connected to their network too. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Wow, Nico finally got this working. Can’t wait to see his work.

Nico was never the guy behind POSCON. For a time he was the money, but he is no more. AJ Heath is the guy behind POSCON.

Very informative, thank you again !

Oh, Hmmm, I thought he was. Glad AJ got it rolling. How does it compare to PilotEdge or VATSIM?

With all due respect (and I sincerely hope you guys will accomplish whatever you have set as goal) but I don’t understand what POSCON tries to achieve or why separates them from IVAO or VATSIM.

Nonetheless: good luck

3 Likes

That’s something I don’t get either… In a hobby world with free networks all should work together for better coverage instead spreading it into more and more smaller parts. I have even stopped using Vatsim as I used to fly my airliners into uncontrolled international airports. Online when I started my flight there was nobody left when I got there. It’s a pity that there has to be this competition idea.

You forget all three are basically a business at the end of the day much like add-on developers

As BritishAvgk said, they’re all businesses with different goals in mind. What I like from this video is that you can see where ATC is planned for a good month in advance. You don’t get that on VATSIM. It’s hit or miss. You could be 15 mins away from your arrival and ATC shuts the lights off.

PilotEdge is a paid service, however, you’re guaranteed coverage in the western US 15 hours per day, 7 days a week. Because it’s a premium service, you’re not going to see unprofessional behaviour from pilots and controllers.

The issue with PilotEdge is you tend to talk to the same person a whole lot and it’s far, far less popular than VATSIM pretty much all the time. During events VATSIM can be very, very busy and a whole lot of fun and you’re guaranteed service for the duration of the event and a whole lot of professionalism is found. I flew out of Portland, Maine last night and holy smokes it has absolutely jammed packed. I wish I could leave feedback for all the controllers on the ARTCC website, they did an awesome job yesterday.

I as a user of VATSIM for ~12 years now see no reason to use PilotEdge nor POSCON, would really like to see some sort of incentive to use this network because as it stands I don’t see any. VATSIM has acknowledged the pilot quality issues and it’s being looked at and I have little doubt that solving (or more so mitigating) this problem will result in more controllers wanting to control for longer periods of time. Once a plan comes into play that will hopefully mitigate the issues what can POSCON offer? It’s not pilots that use the network that’s for sure.

Scheduled ATC isn’t much of a win when you don’t have many pilots on the network. VATSIM is always going to have much, much more traffic. Heck, some ARTCCs for VATSIM will even post planned times of being staffed. Additionally with events that happen left and right that are jammed packed with ATC and traffic I just don’t see the point in POSCON.

VATSIM has been going through a lot of upgrades the past few years (and I’m sure POSCON was the reason why this happened though I think AFV was a result of IVAO). Not long ago new tech called Velocity came out for VATSIM and then there was AFV back in 2019.

EDIT: Added a little bit.

1 Like

It got quite a lot of admiration in my VA because of the traffic feature. Until we realised that it speeds up the simulation time and that triggers VA penalties on their acars. So they couldn’t use Poscon, I don’t know if anyone knows any solution for Poscon not to speed up the time.

I didn’t even know that was a thing to be honest within poscon