Invercargill (NZNV) and how the turntables

So I’m exploring New Zealand, as one does, and I happen to land at Invercargill (NZNV). I’m about to report a bug. The taxiways have gone all wonky, like the scenery designer was looking for the golden ratio and came up with something that my toddler probably drew on the wall once.

I decide to double-check Google maps before I head to the forums to complain. And wouldn’t you know it, MSFS is once again surprisingly close to accurate! I’d get dizzy having to taxi here on a regular basis! So I’m off again to explore somewhere else.

Welcome to the real world of defult airports in msfs… and welcome the world of freeware/payware alternatives…
Even the supposed “*/handcrafted” Queenstown airport had a payware developer

Thats also why you go onto flight.to and download a fantastic rendition of Invercargil…

1 Like

@Fragman444, thanks for the tip. Downloading the custom Invercargill airport (and the other NZ airports made by LswainStudiosNZ) to check out later! However my original comment was about the fact that the real-life taxiway markings are more convoluted in such a small space than I’m used to seeing at most airports. LswainStudiosNZ obviously captures these convoluted taxiways much more accurately in the freeware alternative, but the almost random-looking default MSFS layout is still much closer to accurate than I expected.