Inverted Objects In Custom Blender Model

I’m really at the end of my patience with the problem and I cannot solve it. I’ve created a few custom models in Blender 2.9 and when I bring them into MSFS they look OK apart from the fact that part of the model is always inverted! In my first model it appeared to be rotated 180deg about the z axis so I exported it with the rotation applied and MSFS “rotated it back” into alignment.

With the second model however, I just CANNOT get it to work. It seems to be rotated AND mirrored and no amount of corrections I apply in Blender seem to rotate the object back when brought into MSFS. To be clear, my model is made up of several cubes; all the other bits look fine, its only the first cube that is the problem! What’s super-weird is that if I copy the cube and delete the original it doesn’t make a difference and neither does just creating a new cube from scratch with the same dimensions and features as the first one. Does anyone recognise this problem?? I am praying someone has a solution other than “start your whole model again”.

Any help appreciated

Hi there… there are 3 things that I can think of off the top of my head that could cause this problem and you mentioned one of them and that is that you applied scale and rotation but the other 2 things could be check and see if you have any unapplied modifiers such as a mirror or array modifier or maybe a boolean and try to apply them … the other things is when you export your model to extended glTF that you tick all the options in geometry like apply modifiers … I tick them all to be safe. I hope this helps… if not maybe this might help some one else with more experience then me to help you out. Also before I export my file I select all and then export not sure if this really helps but I do it just for good measure.

Good luck.

1 Like

This is probably way to late, but struggling with the same issue I discovered that when using the Object Mirror, it messes with the scale, setting it to negative values. It also flips the normals over so your textures don’t work. What is really strange is that flipping the normals back in blender sometimes has no effect on the view in blender, so the visual clues are missing.