I don’t know if it is useful to your research, but I recently did a very informal benchmark of MSFS SU6 across the various Settings: Low, Medium, High, Ultra, each using the range of DLSS settings, in a fixed scenario of the A330 at KJFK.
I captured the info shown in the MSFS Dev Mode FPS overlay, which includes memory statistics. My PC: 9800X3D / 5090 / 96 GB 6000 CL28 RAM / 3 screens / Tuned bios with EXPO, PBO, Memory subtimings tightened, ReBAR and HAGS on.
I compared this to the same tests I had done for SU5 in May, and saw quite a reduction in RAM usage (and a tiny reduction in VRAM).
You can see the post I made in the SU6 feedback thread here
And here are a couple of screenshots
It’s my belief just from observing behaviour and the numbers, that memory usage increases with LOD range and number of objects (which makes sense).
I am in the middle of an around the world flight hops across the Pacific, and yesterday while stopped in Tahiti (RTAA) I used the drone camera to explore extensively. Near the end, I ‘zoomed’ the drone camera back to the airport, and got the “Resource usage exceeds avaible resources” popup (or however it is worded). I attributed this to suddenly reloading the aircraft and airport, and it not cleanly jettisoning all the autogen buildings and trees and POIs I had been exploring about 10 miles away in the drone.

