IRIS Jabiru J160/J170 Discussion Thread

Still 1.4.5 on Orbx… would like to fly the Jabiru but its completly broken… over 5000 ft the engine just shuts down… most times the engine dont start … gps also bugged since the update… why they need so long to push it out on orbx?

It’s frustrating I agree. ORBX is pretty good normally and this delay is unlike them.

At least the Tutor works well enough pro tem.

1 Like

Hi all, first time poster, long time peruser.

Love this little plane, but since the update, stuck on starter, battery runs down, avionics quit.

If I CTRL-E and cold start, this only works by pressing X on my HOTAS joystick, and another problem, put the choke in at any point (even after warm-up), and the engine quits.

At least the starter isn’t stuck on though, and I seem to be able to fly. Not sure of whether I’m consuming more fuel with the choke on.

Hopefully the patch will fix it (got my Jab on Marketplace).

ORBX has now updated it to the latest version 1.5. Haven’t had a chance to test it yet, no doubt someone else will report if all the problems are fixed.

Microsoft’s STORE hasn’t updated it yet

The store usually only updates once a week late on a Thursday (GMT) so it wouldn’t be expected on the Marketplace yet.

Just tried it out. Flew right round Lanzarote following the coast. Works perfectly including the fuel consumption and all the electronics. I’d say the aeroplane is better than it’s ever been right now.

2 Likes

Thursday has come and gone, still no update in Marketplace. Should I just uninstall the plane and buy it on ORBX?

Maybe time to bite the bullet. You could always claim the cost against Microsoft as you would easily be able to prove the product is “not of merchantable quality”.

They are the retailer here and, in the EU and GB, you have the right to demand your money back.

Would be a good test case.

1 Like

MS take ages to get patches up. They also have a bad habit of finding minor issues they want fixed but not advising the devs about it until too late to meet deadlines, delaying things an extra week.

However the patch will eventually get to the marketplace. You are probably better off being patient. However if you do want to bite the bullet and buy it a second time it is considerably cheaper direct from the Iris website where it is on special at present. Orbx of course do have hassle free updating in their favor.

1 Like

Issues I’m experiencing. I have bought both copies (from IRIS store and from Marketplace and tried each one and no difference). I fly the J170 Tail Number 24-8348 livery as I like the cockpit/autopilot configuration.

But the secondary screen appears far too zoomed in, and you can hardly use it (see image). And also on the main screen the Heading/Altitude and Course/Baro twist knobs don’t work making it difficult to set/manage autopilot and baro pressure - anybody else having similar issues?

It works ok, I’ve just tested it. I suggest you need to delete and then re-install the Working Title G1000 / G3000 mods. That should do it. Other than that, it’s fine on my installation.

1 Like

I have the low volts red warning all the time on the PFD. Why is that?

Anyone else have an issue with a double panel appearing when shutting down after a flight. Going to an external view solves the issue but it happens on every flight.

This has also been reported with other planes.

This was a bug in SU6 which can affect all aircraft and causes both the interior and exterior models to be drawn. You can get around it by switching to external view and back. For some people it doesn’t happen very often, but for others it happens a lot and is quite annoying.

It should be fixed in SU7 but in the mean time it is likely that the next update for the JF arrows and warrior will be out this week which will include a workaround for the problem. Since you bought from the marketplace and the marketplace is very slow to push out updates you probably won’t get that update until after SU7 anyway though.

See one of the posts here, with a picture of what you’re probably getting a few posts above it.

Thank you.

Hello lads, I’m looking foward to get this nice plane, but I can’t find any recent review on the internet. Does it still get updated? Is it worth today? I don’t want to buy something that gets outdated like carenado’s products, you know.

Absolutely get it! It’s for sale -25% on the developer’s site right now and buying it there means you get updates first. I bought it on Orbx and the updates come out within a week or so. Just DO NOT buy it on the MarketPlace - updates can literally take a month or more there.

6 Likes

Buy it from the Devs website. Updates are the quickest there and yes its a great purchase and gets updates as necessary.

1 Like

I can’t start the engine on either the j160 or j170: