IRIS Jabiru J160/J170 Discussion Thread

It is still available on Orbx.

Yeah the change log for it on the Iris site is still there as well. I think he just messed up his shop page and people are just creating waves for the sake of it.

It is simple really - the Jabiru and Tutor both fly fine to me and i am happy enough with them personally - HOWEVER this is apparently a one man operation and if you want the sort of personal back and forth dialogue and fast response you get from a large team with dedicated support people whose job is to do nothing but sit on the phone and watch email ready to offer instant support, these small one man developers are the wrong place to be looking.

4 Likes

Exactly, the support is lacking; not to mention the almost 2 month delay it took for him to get the last Jabiru update to the MS store. I definitely won’t buy any other products from Iris, and will warn others away as well.

1 Like

Developers are basically at the mercy of MS for how long it takes updates to reach the marketplace version of their products. Several weeks seems to be what’s normal, unfortunately.

That’s not true in this case, even in this thread the Dev admitted to not being in compliance, then came in with another excuse. A 2 month delay is on the Dev.

Look its a product for sale and implicit is a need to support that product or end of life it. As a sole developer this still applies,

The guy had time to develop another plane BEFORE he fix the old one. All I am saying is he/she is not providing a good level of support and consequently I will not buy his products again.

4 Likes

Thank you for thre feedback. Was about to buy but i will not.

2 Likes

Been flying the Jab since it came out.
Twice around Oz, and a whole bunch more.
Whilst I cannot comment on detailed instrument this n that’s, as I don’t use them!.
I only fly by VFR, and that may be the reason.

But I have got more than my money’s worth from this purchase.

4 Likes

That is twisting things a bit. This is my memory of the events.

1. He submitted the update to the marketplace at the same time as he submitted it to everyone else.
  2. After about 2 weeks Asobo got back to him and said that the rules had changed to do with something really stupid like the thumbnails that appear in the shop no longer met the new (unannounced) requirements. (bearing in mind the “non compliant thumbnails” were present on the current aircraft still for sale on the marketplace at the time)
  3. By this stage his wife was in hospital and he was no longer able to make the minor cosmetic changes requested to silly stuff like the thumbnails as he was no longer at home with access to the software.
  4. He asked MS to release the update anyway as the issues were cosmetic and the existing aircraft for sale had the same issues - but they said no.
  5. From here we got a whole heap of entitled tantrum throwing from a bunch of people behaving like (or actually) 12 year olds over what is basically a toy aircraft.

I have no issues with the Jabiru btw, it flies well.

5 Likes

Yes it does fly very well and I am delighted with the product. It’s worth saying again that ORBX (in this case) provides the product and its updates without the need for “silly thumbnails” and ridiculous Marketplace conditions. When the developer updated the aeroplane it was immediate.

For this reason I always buy AWAY from the Marketplace and have yet to find any problems. However I empathise with those that cannot, such as XBOX users, and folks that have already bought it and are waiting for Marketplace updates.

2 Likes

Careful with that “toy” stuff, man. Some people might harumph so hard they give themselves hernias. Only thing worse would be if you called MSFS a game.

1 Like

The marketplace has a horrible backlog and delay, up to 16 weeks! Dont blame the devs, just avoid the marketplace, its the worst store of all out there…

3 Likes

Several posts were removed from this topic. Please keep posts focused on the subject and not on users.

Any further posts that are directed towards others, a warning will be issued on your account.

Your #1 is not true, the Dev submitted to the Marketplace “after” he released the product on his and other stores. From the Dev below…

Your 2 and 3 prove my point. Iris caused the delay to the marketplace (compared to other stores) as the he submitted a non compliant version later, and then took several weeks to get it right. Even in his post he acknowledged some newer requirements for the Marketplace that he had not yet completed, but had already released the update to his store.

As I stated, the 2 month delay was on the DEV.

As for your #5. If MSFS released a SU or WU on their marketplace, but then took almost 2 months to get those updates to steam users, customers would surely complain.

Go back to the original thread. You are misinterpreting events and selectively cherry picking stuff to push some personal point and reposting misinformation even though the mods removed it.

I am not going to continue this discussion as the mods have already said it is off topic.

5 Likes

Again not true. I quoted the Dev himself.

Regardless, as I stated, the 2 month delay was on the Dev (not MSFS) for whatever reasons he gave. MSFS had plenty of updates during that period, so obviously other Devs were able to get their products approved.

1 Like

Since last update the Jabiru has several issues for me. Engines shut down randomly or won´t start, displays are either pink oder flickering or black, FPS inside cockpit is low, now I cannot reload it from market place…

This is one of my favorite aircraft and I miss it :frowning:

Yes the new update really broke this addon. Its now in need of an Update…

Its also my favorite aircraft in the sim…

IRIS Simulations have announced today a v1.5 of the Jabiru, which is already available at the IRIS storefront. ORBX and MS Store will be submitted this week (source: FB). Also, both the Jabiru, and the Grob are -20% for couple of days in their storefront.

7 Likes

Very Nice thanks for letting us know! Download is running.