IRIS Jabiru J160/J170 Discussion Thread

Trim lever works in reverse since Update 5, seen this on some other a/c - anyone else noticed this ?

Brian

2 Likes

This trim problem is with all planes
I have to check/unchek my trim axis at every run

Yes, can’t work out why some are OK and other not. Some suppliers are ok ie Carenado and others not ie IRIS. Very annoying.

1 Like

Hi Guys. Some months ago i purchased the Jabiru from the IRIS Website. Now i wanted to check which version is current and found out that the Product isnt listed on theyr store anymore. Where can i find which Version is current?

Regards Timo

Try ORBX as they sell it

1 Like

1.4.5 is current I think but they are due a new update soon - no date given yet.

1 Like

If you login to your account at the Iris site and go to your orders/downloads links you can get the latest version.

The current version is v1.4.5 from a few months back but they announced a few weeks back there is an update in the works for SU5 but no current ETA. Quite a few developers are waiting till the hotfixes settle rather than annoying customers with updates every 3 days which may be part of what is going on.

They are also in the middle of releasing the Grob/Tutor, which is due out any day, so they seem to have a lot on their plate at present. See their Facebook. They also have a Discord.

1 Like

Alright thank you guys!

bought the Jabiru sometime ago, inside the marketplace I believe, and not only all the times I tried to update it, it failed, I tried to uninstall it and do a fresh install. Now every installation fails. I don’t know what to do.

Any news on whether they’re working on bringing the copilot back? It was disappointing to see them remove it - this was one of the reasons I bought the plane in the first place.

1 Like

Check your Official folder (where all the Asobo and Marketplace items are installed) and look for an iris-aircraft-jab folder, if you find it then delete the folder and try a reinstall.

It worked! Tks a lot, really.

The PFD & MFD dim (brightness) controls do not seem to work. The displays are too bright at night. Adjusting the control makes no change.

I don’t believe the Jabs are certified for night flying (day VFR only) so I’m not surprised they don’t work well for night flying

1 Like

I believe some other models like the 230 were NVFR with the right instruments but these one in game are definitely not night approved.

In real life NFVR tends to be a rating you take so that if your trip is slower than expected you can keep flying for an hour or so past dusk and get home instead of having to stop over somewhere just a stone throw from home because the sun went down.

I suppose the occasional young guy might get NVFR rated to impress the girls with the views of the city lights but I somehow suspect that is rare.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, but this is simply a matter of the control not working in the G3X version of the Jabiru. All other default planes have the ability to dim the G3X glass cockpit. In the Jabiru no matter what you set it to (from 99 all the way down to 10), the display is always at its brightest level.

The display dimmer (control in the G3X) should work regardless of the certification for night flying, just like the landing / taxi lights on plane.

1 Like

Once again asked about the update to this plane and got a brush off, yes they say they are going to update but no idea when. Not impressed with the support frankly.

I am surprised they respond at all after the ridiculous childish abuse that was allowed to go on here.

Plus the MS response seemed to be to hide any one that tried to rationally explain the reasons behind the delays (presumably because rational discussion belonged on the developers forum/facebook? ) and let all of the off topic rants, by what seemed to be 13 year olds, stay visible.

2 Likes

Yep they have taken it off their shopfront, not a good experience and I too will not buy from them again.

Not a good look for IRIS. So long, thanks for all the fish. Grob was the last one.