IRIS Jabiru J160/J170 Discussion Thread

It appears to be the same livery that appears on every AI ground spawn like in the picture I posted, I’m not seeing any other livery of the Jabiru on the ground, just the livery that is in that screen shot.

Interesting, you may just need to disable that one as well.

1 Like

There is a “variation” option in the traffic options. Maybe give it a go to set it to some high value to see if that helps.
Still, the model matching and the AI aircraft placing is kind of weird in the sim. I guess they do that for performance reasons but it breaks immersion a lot and I rather reduce the number of aircraft on ground in the traffic options than seeing parking filled with same models.

1 Like

I have in air AI traffic switched off for the moment, so the option to show traffic on the ground as a separate option is good, if I remember in FSX it was an all on of off option (no traffic meant air and ground), leaving the addon airports with parked traffic with their own models. I’ll try the variation option. I still think it could be something to do with the fact the Jabiru install is in the community folder, as it happened before with the Grumman Goose. All of a sudden everyone in the Sim Matrix owned a Grumman Goose lol and that was installed in the community folder, just another MSFS quirk maybe.

Ah already had that setting set to ‘ultra’ unless that is broken too, I’ll set it to low and see if that alters anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope Tried every permutation of the amount and variation settings. 7 Jabirus all in the same livery parked up, must be Jabiru owners club weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

And all of them 160s by the look of it.

Yeah, it’s the one I normally fly, and in that particular livery although the AC I’m flying in that screen shot is the DV20 you can see parked up. I’m going to pick another Jabiru model and livery in the flight page and see if that loads up instead of the one shown.

Excited to fly this after the update. I’m training in a light sport aircraft, and I spent several lessons paying attention to the pitch attitudes for climb/level/descent and the relationship of stick deflection to pitch/roll rate. When I got home I would mess with the weight/balance and control limits for the Flight Design CTLS in MSFS (VR, of course!). Got it dialed in so it felt very similar to the plane I train in. My flight instructor started commenting that I was showing up for training flights having mastered (probably too strong a word) skills that I had struggled with in the previous lesson. I’m betting that the update will have this plane flying pretty close to the real thing.

See ya
Tom

Yes, there is an option that’s configurable in one of the files that enables it to be populated into airports. Grumman does that and another notable one is BlackBox’s Bird Dog. You can change that config file to not do that, but I am not sure which file it is or what option it is as I never minded this much.

2 Likes

Thanks for that Info :slight_smile: I wonder if IRISFLTSIM could help with the config file?

I am pretty sure others can too… I have seen it somewhere. Let me see if I can dig something up by looking through CFG files.

1 Like

I tried disabling AI config files, but didn’t change anything, will be a FALSE/TRUE switch somewhere?

It’s not the whole file… There is a 0 or 1 somewhere in one of those files that populates them in the airports. And I think AI refers to the AI co-pilot but I could be wrong. I don’t mess with those things much.

1 Like

Look for the line isAirTraffic=1 in the aircraft.cfg file and replace it with isAirTraffic=0 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I quite liked landing at Wellsbourne-Mountford and being surrounded by J160s, it made me feel I chosen well :wink:

2 Likes

Ah thanks! :slight_smile:

Great…the Jabiru is all that I fly in MSFS. It is the closest plane to what I plan to train in for my PPL.

Amazing News!

Fantastic!!!

I simply love this plane.