Is anybody using VR yet?

Just as the title says. If so what are your thoughts? Just preordered an HP G2 for me and my daughter and am wondering if it works well with this.

Thanks

The sim is getting VR later this month (Dec 22nd). Right now the only people using it in VR are beta testers (who are under NDA), and if the odd comment I’ve read online is anything to go by, it is first-rate.

1 Like

Let’s hope…that will be awesome!

I got the Oculus Quest 2 last week, they are amazing, though I am a bit skeptical I will be able to read the instruments from my seat.
Really hyped to fly on IVAO using VR :smiley:

1 Like

I received my HP Reverb G2 about 2 weeks ago and I’ve been eagerly awaiting to try VR on MSFS. I’ve tried it on XPlane 11, It’s smooth and somewhat sharp when it’s dialed in but can be pretty buggy. I get stutters most of the time. I’m not sure if it’s all my processes running but I’ve even tried disabling all non-essential processes during boot up using msconfig tool. I’m running a Core i7 8700K overclocked to 5Ghz. 32GB ram and an Nvidia 2080.

I’m running an i-7 6700k (stock at the moment) with a nvidia 1050 which is being replaced and 32GB of ram. I was thinking of going with a 2080 but am leaning towards a 3xxx.

Have you tried it in half-resolution mode and, if so, is that acceptable?

No I dont have the headset yet.

Question is, especially to the people here who are well informed, is it beneficial for me to make the jump from the 1050 to the 2080. On top of the mentioned hardware above, my motherboard is an MSI Z170A MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM(MS-7A16)