Is anyone actually flying after this update?

I can fly, but like everyone else is saying, ive definately lost frames (probably about 10-15 average). But more strange, i get up around 30,000 feet where my frame rate typcially stabilizes and it actually fluctuates as much as if i was flying right off the ground. seems odd.

3 Likes

I noticed the same.
It seems that the loss may be due to the improvement of the LOD.
Has anyone noticed an improvement in the terrain?

@SuperPegleg83 Oh geez, I was at 60FPS and every update I’ve lost 5-10FPS. At this rate it’s going to be a static screen in a few months.

5 Likes

Did you get the store update or just the content update? I ran my sim and got the update notice. It immediately updated the content but not the usual store update. I had exactly what you were describing. I restarted my computer, restarted the sim and then got the notification of the store update, updated it and then it downloaded the content again. Once that was done, everything seemed ok, other than the ridiculous stuttering.

Amazing how many people forget this, or claim it isn’t important. Also worth noting that it’s probably a very good idea to empty your ‘Community’ folder before a restart if you’re experiencing crashes, etc.

1GB download/patch from Microsoft Store
then
9.46GB download/patch in MSFS 2020.

1 Like

This last update has made the game unplayable. Now I am running at 11fps. WTF…

3 Likes

Mine is almost unusable now. Framerates went down by more than half. Non-PG area, steam gauges, ultra at 2k getting around 15-20 fps with lots of stuttering. Before the update it used to be ~60. :frowning:

1 Like

Flying after update. Departure KDFW to PANC. American airlines new route. B787 8 but I’m using the default plane. So far so good. Haven’t had a bit of trouble. Contrails are nice to see now.

I had to d a clean install of the sim

I flew after the update. Both LDA’s into KDCA with Nav steam gauges.

WORKING with correct Nav info, as current Real World.

Very Happy, but now I will have to find something else to complain about !!

3 Likes

The new update is as smooth as butter so far for me in both 4K and VR on i9, 32GB, 3080. I’m still using 457.30 drivers if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Sadly, same for me with performance. Much more stutters and can’t say the LOD is better. Flying around Bryce still getting pops galore. Not to mention massive disappointment with the supposed focus on Garmin fixes. Hardly any significant changes. Think it’s time to swap my rig around for a bit and get back into some sim racing. I really wish the Xbox version was developed after the PC was made efficient and stable. Can’t help but think of too much time being spent on squeezing this elephant into a matchbox.

But the Xbox version doesn’t look too bad and appears to be pretty smooth from the trailer which was released. It’s looking brighter for the PC version once those updates hit the PC build - namely the various optimizations around DX12U support.

Nope. Re-installing. This is a complete poo show(keeping it clean).

I’ve had good luck using WSReset.exe (use the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run Dialogue box) prior to getting into the Microsoft Store. Last time I did this I had no issues with downloading patches/updates.

I’ve played for 45 hours with relatively no problems. On Saturday afternoon I did a 2 hour flight. Closed the game down.

That evening I tried to play again. Game crashes on the title screen every time. I’ve tried all the known fixes. No solution.

The only thing I haven’t done is reinstall Windows. I don’t want to. That’s ridiculous. Flight sim is the ONLY problem my pc has. Lousy job, Microsoft. Lousy.

Just did the new landing challenge, and a 2 hour flight in the A320.

Update went smoothly, and as fast as my connection could handle. Flights went perfect, everything looks amazing, and my performance is still where it was before the patch.

2 Likes

Much smoother after the update👍 I have a rtx 2080 super

2 Likes

True, DX12 should open up some much needed CPU usage. That is desperately needed really.

1 Like

It won’t. The devs have already stated that DX12 won’t bring a noticeable performance increase. Mostly just some more visual eyecandy.

The sim is already programmed with multithreading in mind.

They did however find some nice optimizations while working on the XBox version, which will come to PC as well. Expect those around the XBox release this summer.

2 Likes