Is anyone actually flying after this update?

I wonder if anyone else is getting this issue. New to me.

I have Dev mode on to see the FPS counter but going into World Map caused a severe drop in FPS, talking 150 to 17. Closed World Map FPS shoot up 300-500 on main menu. Go back in and back down to teens again. So i decided to zoom in on the map slowly and once hit where it goes from lighted to gray the frames went back to normal. Zoom out thinking it will go back down but no dice stayed normal.

So restarted the sim. Come back into World Map and its still normal, yay fluke?? nah I zoom in to pick the airport i usually fly out of and bam back to teens(see pic). I didn’t even get to the airport I want to fly out of.

Def bug in map now. I will see if i can shut some things off to see if something say AI planes are a cause… not sure.

Spec:
5600x
EVGA 3080
32GB

1 Like

Me to, everytime I start loading a flight

No problem here, FPS same as before. The “fly now” button didn’t show for me after the update until I rebooted my PC though.

After the quick download and install I’m back to flying again! This thing gets better each release.

It is a worse for me, like going from Ultra to Medium, it is terrible, I lost all joy in using the game.

1 Like

Two flights tonight in the Mooney everything looks and works well.

1 Like

Big problem CTD’s switching to VR, but figured out a different sequence of my addons.

Boot from 3:50 down to 2:30, flights load bit faster, heavies fly better, Beech Baron way better, Longitude better, VR smoother,

this is great (after some painful hours). Lost a couple of FPS.

I want to do a reinstall also. How do you start the download and install?
Thanks

After the latest update,
Weather selection turn grey out and no way to select or customize weather both in planning and tool bar of flying?

No problems for me as well!

Somewhere in Steam. I Googled “reinstall steam version msfs” and dug around. It’s still downloading.

Is anyone else having serious navigation issues after the update? I have both the g1000 and ATC sending me around in circles before approach.

Yup 4 hours in.

1 Like

If you’re using “Live Players” in settings, then changing weather is not avaliable. Select one of the other options if you want to change weather.

Used to run beautiful.

Now runs for 10 seconds in the main menu, hangs for 10 seconds, then CTD.

5900x + 3090, 32gb ram

Edit!
My gpu is on water, it’s overclocked pretty hard. Removed the OC and it runs fine. I’m not sure what changed that the OC was ok before and not ok now, but turns out that was the culprit.

so, i suppose you are going to wipe it clean off the hard drive and reinstall like me

Can’t fly after update, The sim just crashes to the desktop. So much for beta testing.

flew 2 flights after updating, no real issues so far for me.
used ifr and ils, both flights in king air. the mod i use for wind speed/direction and weather in the garmin worked.
mod for mooney’s garmin didn’t, but saw mod creator is already aware and will have fix out very soon.

1 Like

Hard Crash to Desktop every flight after a few minutes.

And pressing flaps send my aircraft into immediate front flips. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

This is just for users who purchased the sim from the MS store right? I purchased my copy through Steam and didn’t have to do this.