Is anyone else having issues with CTD all of a sudden in the last week or 2?

Well in 5 hours SU7 will be released :smirk:

Awesome I was just about to ask when that was. I’ll try the update first and then run those last steps if necessary. I really hope it gets fixed I saw some threads of this kinda crash to desktop thing happening to people playing in the UK so hopefully I’m not the only one who all of a sudden had issues.

I mean you can also check this with flying in different areas and than again in the UK.

Yeah my issues are specifically happening at KADW in Washington DC.

Tried flying there from Denver when I first had the problem happen. Was about 60% the way there at cruising altitude and bam… then I tried loading the airport and it would crash about halfway down the runway…that’s where I started getting ■■■■■■ and uninstalling… now when I try it just kicks me out when the loading bar hits 100% to spawn me on the runway. I’m just trying to spit out as many weird details if that makes sense.

There is a known issue with CTDs near KADW. Wait for SU7, should fix it. I’m sorry you’ve gone through all this, you probably don’t have a problem with your system. Search this forum for KADW, you’ll see all the discussion

1 Like

I will check that right now I didn’t even think to search the airport code.

Glad you mentioned Andrews before you went through all the effort of a reinstall.

I’m no expert, but it’s my opinion that a full reinstall of the sim is RARELY the solution to a problem.

2 Likes

Wow that’s unreal that almost makes you wonder if the Bermuda triangle around Andrews is a conspiracy theory to thwart a terror threat :face_with_monocle::flushed: just kidding. But wow. See that’s why I was trying to spit out as much details that I possibly knew it’s always some weird tiny detail. Thanks for that I never knew that was happening. I don’t get to play that often so I’m always behind on the forums and I’m not good at computers I’m good at landing 747s hahaha

I tried to put an airforce one livery on the default 747-8 with the “no mirror” upgrade and I may have screwed something up trying that… but I quickly removed the file and reinstalled just for that reason.

Good luck! Only a few hours until SU7 release, so sit tight and hope for a smooth outcome!

1 Like

Update: I tried to boot fs2020 when I got home.

CTD after Blackshear ai logo.

I then repaired/reset which now on boot shows an update of 90+ gb.

So I checked that folder location and it says there is nothing found when I copy and paste that into the windows explorer search bar.

I then uninstalled the app.

So now how do I know this has reset all settings. I’ve done these steps like twice already. And there wasn’t any residual files in that location…

What am I forgetting?

I suspect it’s a server side issue and there’s nothing we can do about it on our end. This was my experience with SU6…

The first 10 days or so after SU6 launched, it was very stable. I had 2 CTDs in that time. Don’t know what caused them. Outside of that, everything worked flawlessly in terms of stability. Seeing how SU5 was a terrible crash-fest for me, this was a huge step up.

Then out of nowhere, the CTDs started. There were no changes to the sim. No new mods or mod updates. No driver updates to my system. No Windows updates. Nothing changed. It could crash anywhere, any time during a flight - on the ground, taxiing, in the air, over open water, etc. Didn’t seem to matter. Easily over half my flights ended with a CTD.

Then sometime late last week, the crashes stopped. Since then, it’s been stable with no crashes at all.

I’m convinced that this is server related.

1 Like

The search bar or the navigation bar? I doubt you will find something in the search bar becaue it’s a path.

Update: The new patch fixed all the issues I was having. Thank you to the simmers that helped. And thank you to the developer team for the new fix. Good work.

Closing topic as issue resolved by OP.