Is anyone else having issues with CTD all of a sudden in the last week or 2?

Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing to desktop over the last couple weeks? I have never had the issue and now boom. Can’t play. I really need help. I’m an old school FS95 veteran. Please help me tech gods.

Things I’ve tried.

Safe mode
Uninstall reinstall
Try flying just with basic core came with no scenery downloads. And never anything 3rd party.
PC updated
Graphics card updated rtx 2080 (I believe)
Windows updated
Also tried new windows 11 upgrade
Checked internet connection

Guys I’m about to tear my hair out hahahaplease help me. Or at least tell me I’m not the only simmer who’s really sad this week waiting for a patch. Cheers.

Thought that comes to mind, for many the last few weeks have been a change from air conditioning to heat?

(Massachusetts US here, we get like a week of just open windows)

Wrong thread?

What does this mean? Have you reinstalled MSFS completely? Normally this would solve your issues if your really have no items in your community folder. If you still have CTDs after the reinstall, you should focus on your PC drivers. Maybe check again your GPU driver, I mean you said you believe you have a RTX3080.

I’m pretty sure it’s a 2080 I have a stock acer predator and I apologize for my lack of knowledge of my own pc. I’m at work. I will get more details.

Is there a process to completely Uninstaller the game and reinstall that I might not be doing correctly?

It is strange the game remembered my settings and things so i might not be uninstalling correctly?

Which MSFS version do you have? Steam or MS Store?

I have the downloaded version store

Ok so maybe this official document might be helpful:

1 Like

My machine is Intel i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB

I had to look it up.

Okay yes i was in a forum the other day and got the screen that said repair. I did those things and I’m pretty sure it deleted the game it took like 6 hours to download the game again and all that junk but somehow it’s remembering all my settings and when I ran that whole process it still crashes to desktop

Ok so a 2060 is not a 2080 but anyway you should have the version 496.76 of the nvidia driver on your device.

I know I was off by 20 my bad lol. I’m not at home so I apologize I wish i had the computer in front of me.

No worries but have you also done the steps 4 and 5?

Because this should delete your settings after the uninstall.

I think this is where I got confused. I don’t know how to track down that folder I’m embarrassed at how dumb I probably sound. Does that make sense how do I get to that location to delete whatever it’s saying… I wish there was just a button that say “do you want to delete?”

Again I’m sorry if this is frustrating you too.

I will try again as SOON as I get in the door. I don’t know why this happened. It was fine with the normal hiccups all year and now I’m like so confused on what I did wrong.

Well you have to unistall the sim again as documented and once this is done you have to open the windows explorer and copy paste the folder path from the guide in the address bar of the explorer.

1 Like

But maybe you should wait for SU7 instead and see if this might fix your issues!?

Aha I never knew that trick. :sweat_smile: I’ll give that a shot. Also in my defense it switched me to widows 11 and of course it’s all funky and they changed the start menu and functions so I’m struggling with that as well. Ugh

Yes but again maybe just wait for SU7 because a reinstall takes time.

1 Like

I know so far I’ve installed the darn game 2 times trying to do this but I did it wrong in the last steps so it seems I did it for nothing. Takes like 5 hours for me.