Is anyone working on the Aero AT3-R100?

Hi to all great developers on this splendid, sunny morning!

I was wondering if anyone is working actively on the Aero AT3-100? I saw on fsdeveloper that one guy named @ailgorbot has been trying to port the model from FSX, but the latest news is from 17 jan 2021. It could be that he had to abandon the project because of time-consumption, or that he got stuck.

I would love to have this plane in MSFS2020, and I would have no problem to sponsor this project, if this would be helpful. Make it a simmer-crowd funded project. It’s such a fun little plane, and many here in the Netherlands are flying this Polish plane for their PPL/LAPL.

Here she is in her full glory

And this is how far Ailgorbot already got:

It would be sad if this great project would get stuck on the last steps.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m working on my own model, more detailed. DM me if you want to talk, may be on Discord as i can’t send here DMs

3 Likes

Hi, I’m also doing my PPL on the AT-3 so I’d be very much interested in your work. If it is still in the works, maybe I could contribute in some ways? I contacted you on Discord (same username as here).

2 Likes

I just sent you a request on discord
I’m really interested in the AT3
Could you accept my friendship on discord
Good evening

Hi there I am also very interested in AT3 work, was there any update on this? I am also on discord as Hayati1 and would love to chat, I could not find you on there. Can you reach out ? Thanks

Hi there! Was there any update on this?

We were in touch on Discord. It soon became apparent to me that I did not have the resources available that would be needed for this project, and I wasn’t able to generate enough enthusiasm with other developers for this project. So for me at least I had to drop out. I don’t know how far @SassySphinx3860 came by himself. The model he showed me looked promising. But we all know that the model is only the outer layer.
I hoped that we would be able to form a team to get this done, but for my part it wasn’t feasible.

That’s sad, I am also doing my PPL on an AT3 and love MSFS. I thought flying the AT3 here would have been amazing. I also have no experience with this kind of project, unfortunately. Thanks for reaching out.

I fly the DA20 in ths sim as alternative. The RPM are different (AT3 / 2) because they are measured at the motor level in stead of prop level (if I understood correctly). The performance is quite similar though. It’s a T-tail, which is a difference, of course.
Good luck with your quest. I’m a bit stuck in my progress at the moment :cry:. Just four lessons from the end.

Diamonds are really cool planes! I am hoping to get the PPL done before the end of this year, things are moving a bit slowly for me, life gets in the way. Good luck to you too my friend seems like not long left for you!

2 Likes

Haha, corrected my post, I meant in the sim :slight_smile:

Hi, I am also interested in Aero AT3-R100 for MSFS 2020. I am planning to do my check out here in The Netherlands on that plane and would like to practise the procedures. Also no problems in sponsoring. Now I have found the X-Plane 12 (only reason to buy the game) download and it works okay, but not that realistic surroundings as the MSFS 2020 for the EHLE airport. I got my PPL on DV20 Katana which is a nice airplane for training.

I’m doing exactly the same! Maybe we’ll meet some day in EHLE :grinning:
Where did you find the at-3 for XP12?

1 Like

Cool to hear that you on the same airport :slight_smile:
I download it here frenchvfr dot free dot fr slash download.php ?lng=en &dirdnl=no &tconfig=0 &id=2
Can’t include links here so with spaces :frowning:
Although I normally fly at Wings over Holland (got my PPL here), I am planning my AT3-R100 checkout at Zelf Vliegen after my holiday. Maybe I meet you there :wink:

1 Like

That one I know. I even used it as a base for a MSFS ac. After a few days I realized I lacked too many skills to pull this off. Good practice though.
This ac keeps crashing XP with me though. And the pad isn’t working. But this is outside the scope of this forum I’m afraid :flushed:
Safe flights. I’ll be there Sat Aug 19th.