Is Cerenado Sminole and Seneca aircraft agile?

Hello dear Comunity! im new to msfs 2020.
i have a question for new release aircraft that are currently on sale right now wich is the Cerenado Sminole and Seneca. would like to know if that aircraft is quite agile, like able to do fast manuvers, is it fast ?

Seminole and Seneca are abandonware

2 Likes

abandonware wich mean? sorry im verry newbie please enlight me

From wikipedia. Abandonware is a product, typically software, ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no official support is available.

To answer the original question, the Seneca and Seminole are twin engine GA aircraft that are built for travel and touring. They are built to be stable in flight and not to carry high G loads. They are more agile than a 737, but less agile than a Stearman or a Waco.
The Seneca travels about 170 knots and the Seminole about 140-150 knots.

Also, I don’t believe they are “abandonware.” They haven’t been updated for a while but neither have many default Asobo planes. They are still being sold and being flown. They’re very nice planes.

11 Likes

Neither one is abandonware and I have the Seminole. There’s not a lot wrong with it. It’s not study level, but you’re also not paying for that level. It’s a training class twin engine, so it is very stable, easy to fly and fairly fast. It’s not a glass cockpit.
If you fly the Default Baron to compare, it would be a little slower in speed and movement to it.
Howerver I don’t think either one is what your looking for if we understand your question correctly. Few, if any twin engine are going to be Fast and Maneuverable, sounds like you are looking for a sports type a/c?

3 Likes

I would recommend the 414 Chancellor or the C310R over either of these planes. They have better visibility, better sounds and everything works. I have the Seneca and uninstalled it after I bought the 414. It is better in every way. I am sorry I did not answer your original question. The 414 does 200 knots and the 310 is a little slower. I forget how fast the Seneca, but I am pretty sure it is under 200 knots.

2 Likes

Please keep this topic focussed on the original question.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Anyone on this thread buy the improved sound package for the Seminole? Can’t get it to work no matter what I do.

I heard a rumour that the P-38 Lightning would like a quiet word with you :wink:

@Nigelhoffner
If you want an agile plane, really you would do well to look at any of those warbirds, but what are you after?

There is a lot of good freeware on PC too if cash is tight. What kind of plane do you like?

4 Likes

Compared to Seneca the P-38 is very agile. Compared to a Hurricane or A6M Zero … not so much :wink:

As has been said before neither the Seminole nor the Seneca are especially agile aircraft. Especially the Seneca was built for traveling in comfort so it’s very stable. The Seminole is a little more sporty and maneouverable than the Seneca. But the single engine aircraft like the Mooney and especially the Waco are far more agile than those two Twins.

In general from all the Carenado planes currently on sale, the Mooney is probably the best compromise between fast (in a straight line) and maneouverable.

1 Like

Historically, twin piston engine aircraft are not very agile or fast. Indeed, the second engine doesn’t add much value in terms of performance, the vast majority of the energy of the second engine is used to compensate for the drag caused by the second propeller, the weight of the fuel needed by the engine, and the weight of the engine itself. The advantage of the second engine comes from the improved reliability in case one engine fails. Statistically, accidents happen at nearly the same rate between single and twin engine aircraft, but in the latter case accidents more often involve the landing gear.

If you want something fast and agile try a fighter jet like the F/A-18

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: True, but I was talking about twins :smiley:

2 Likes

Just wanted to put it into perspective :wink:

2 Likes

Something like Aerostar 600 that flew by tom cruise in movie “American Made”

nice recomendation, and yes ive been peeking to the market place and put chancelor on my whislist

In light of the sale, I’d recommend Seneca to meet your needs. Little more interesting than Seminole, but I think they’re both okay. Don’t pay too much attention to the “study level” thing…

2 Likes

I have them both, and I like them both. I just finished a long flight in VR with the Seneca, and it has a very nice flight model, IMHO. I just put the Seminole back on the drive as I am enjoying my twin mods a bit more this year. The Seneca is the the more powerful of the two.

1 Like

Neither have been abandoned. Carenado is actually in the process of refreshing ALL their fleet of existing aircraft to work with new avionics, SDK standards, etc. The first release was the C182 last week. It got upgraded to natively use the G1000NXi as well has having some bug fixes.

The rest of the fleet will be updated over the next couple of months.

1 Like

I Like the Seneca a lot my one complaint would be its a little twitchy in pitch but i toured around Europe and the alps in it

2 Likes