Is FSHud worth it now for a casual?

So obviously a big one is that Beyond ATC is releasing this year. I don’t know if it will be weeks or months, but I feel it might be closer to months than weeks. That said, I don’t really mind bad voices. I just want ATC telling me some stuff like they do IRL so I don’t have to set my alt to FL370 on the ground because it doesn’t matter anyway. Or some vectors. You know, normal stuff. I do use FSLTL, so the integration of FSHud seems interesting.

How is it now in 2024?

I’ve been using FsHud since it came out, and it’s pretty good. Nonetheless, BATC is a “day one” purchase for me. If you want a decent ATC that also controls traffic, I don’t think anything out there is better than FsHud.

1 Like

I’m an FSHud user, and I’m happy with it, particularly the beta version. BATC looks good, and I will certainly be interested in the reviews when it’s released, but whether or not I purchase it will depend to a certain extent on how FSHud is developing in the meantime. Competition can only be a good thing.

I’m not sure if FSHud is still being developed, considering that the last update was on December 21, 2023.

I’ve been using FSHud beta for about a year and it seems to be updated on a fairly regular basis.
It’s not perfect by any means as there’s no voice recognition although they say it’s on the way.
Vectoring isn’t particularly well implemented either.
Yes roll on BATC but whilst we all wait “patiently” FSHud is in my opinion the better option.

Make sure you’re using the beta version. To be honest I’m not sure why there is a separate beta version as each update appears to be stable, but the developers must have their reasons.

Hello,

There are planned things for next update:

1. Airborne separation (vectors, speed control, direct to shortages).
  2. Proper runway change handling by avoiding situation of opposite landing/takeoff.
  3. Reduce amount of heading vectors on approach-transition step with option to ask direction vectors any time.
  4. More reliable ground handling that avoids long queues and non-proper behavior.

It takes some time, but I believe in few weeks there would be something…

Thank you

4 Likes

Im also FS Hud user. This developer is very solid and they regulary Update software witch new options and bug fixes. Also they listen comunity so they than very good job with some problems like encrypted scenery from Makretplace. FS Hud use navdata api and its read all Airports from marketplace.