Is is possible to replace models in FS-BASE?

I don’t think this is possible, but I figured I would ask.

I hate the default static cruise ship “CruiseShip01”. It looks like a bath toy and ruins immersion everywhere I see it.

I was able to replace both the models and textures (and updated the layout.json) with GAIST models in a similar SimObjects folder which I think is for moving objects (although I’ve never seen one of these moving). This doesn’t replace the static ones though.

The other instance of “CruiseShip01” and “CruiseShip02” are in fs-base >Scenery>Global>Asobo_Props>Texture. It appears that the models are locked in the .BGL? Are the models stored somewhere else that I am missing?

The only other way I can think this would be possible is to somehow redirect the .BGL to pull from a different GUID with a different model to replace the stock ones. I looked at the .BGL with .BGLInspector, but you obviously can’t edit any of the values. Is this possible within SDK or can you create a scenery package that replaces them? I am not trying to create exclusion rectangles at all these ports, so skip that option.

Thanks for any input.

Create an object with the same GUID, It should be enough :smile: