Is it normal that pulling back throttle and prop pitch all the way causes the engines to quit on the DC-3?

Basically what the title says. I pulled back throttle and RPM to 0% and both engines died. Fuel pumps were on, and the fuel selectors were left/right main, mixture was full rich. I was able to restart the engines by going cracked throttle, prop pitch all the way forward, and then doing energize, mesh, prime without making any other changes.

Is this normal/correct behavior?

I’ve never flown a DC-3 so consider this just my opinion.

When you pull the propeller control all the way back the props go into high pitch which means more resistance against the air. Even worse if the props go into feather mode. You need a certain amount of power to counter the increased air resistance, or the engine will stall. Not unlike a car with a manual transmission.

OH! That makes a lot of sense! thanks for explaining that :slight_smile:

@flyingfischy421

Hi there
Let me ask if your throttle have a pressure switch ond the bottom end ( i use saitek and they have)
If so open up throttle profile and check if there is and action is mapped on this switch and if so you can remove the action mapped on this specific or remap to other switch.

Regards

Sebastiaan