Is it possible to have just the twist portion of joystick mapped as rudder?

I am looking at getting the honeycomb Alpha and Bravo but cannot afford pedals at this time. Might be another month or two before that happens. Two questions though, I have a logitech extreme joystick and was wondering if its possible to have just the twist portion mapped as rudder or if there will just naturally be some sort of interference between the honeycomb yoke and the logitech joystick?

Second question, so as stated before I might need to wait a month or two before acquiring rudder pedals and my initial choice was going to be the logitech rudder pedals until I saw honeycomb is possibly coming out with their version in June. Would you just wait to get the charlie and have the full set? Especially if somehow the logitech joystick twist WILL map to the rudder or is it SUCH a like deal breaker per say to not have pedals that you would just buy the logitech ones knowing (i say knowing cause i know honeycomb had like delays on their shipments) the charlie might come out? If its Relative I have mostly been using GA with the main aircraft being TBM 930.

Thank you!

Why not set autorudder on in assistance settings. Then you can steer with the alpha yoke on the ground and it wil do coordinated turns in the air. FYI you can connect the joystick and set it up in ms with just the rudder axis mapped. Hope this helps.

1 Like

That does help! I’m pretty new so I am still kinda learning the limitations of the software and mapping certain buttons.

Glad I could help.

1 Like