Is it possible to remove Rolling Cache Location?

Usually its in the user folder which is usually at c:
C is a SSD in my computer, but i want to remove it to K: which is a NVMe SSD and much faster. Is that possible and will it makes the sim faster resp. more smoothly?

Yes you can put it where you like. Delete the current one and use the browse to select the drive / folder that you want to put it in. I don’t think you’ll see a notable difference between the SSD and NvME drives though.

1 Like

I am afraid there wont be a big difference too. But 50GB at C: which has 500GB saves 10% space in the end :wink:

1 Like

As XR219 already mentioned the option to move it directly in the UI. Just delete and recreate somewhere else. But if you have a reasonable fast (let’s say 50mbps+) and stable internet connection I would suggest to keep it disabled. It actually improves performance and reduces stutters + you don’t have to keep deleting and recreating it after every game update.

I have 50MBit but stuttering which can also come from CPU Bottleneck (RTX4070Ti vs Ryzen7 3800X). I probably will test removing rolling cache to NVMe SSD just to see if it helps.

Move not remove :slight_smile:

I would suggest to check out how it works with the cache disabled (deleted).

I put mine on a RAM drive. Much much faster than even the fastest NVMe drive or internet connection.
I use software that writes the Cache folder to a physical drive on Windows shutdown, then a batch file that writes the cache back to the RAM drive when I login to Windows.

1 Like

Does that have an impact on FPS?

FreeSync caps me at 82.5fps, and that’s what I get in most cases. I think the RC helps more with latency than FPS.

1 Like

Exactly that. The rolling cache is a good idea, as it “smooths” loading if you get some hiccups in latency on your connection. Sometimes after WU or sometimes SU you need to delete it and recreate it, but that only takes a few minutes. :+1:

1 Like