Is Salty B-747-8 Deviating From Flight Plan A Thing?

On a 3rd attempt from KLAX to KSFO everything starts out perfectly but about half way to SFO the a/c stops following the flight plan route–just proceeds straight ahead. The route shows on the MFD and the VFR map and LNAV is on. As I neared SFO ATC cleared me for an approach and transition to rwy 28R via EDDY even tho I was a few mlles west of the route. Hopefully, I entered that info into the FMC and was elated when the a/c turned toward the fix. As we neared EDDY I switched from LNAV to APPR. Imagine my chagrin when we got to the fix and left turn to final but the a/c flew blithy on straight ahead. At that point I almost took a swing at the co-pilot out of frustration.

Is this a common problem I don’t know about?

I’ve never had LNAV do that to me before.

But if it helps, generally turning the flight director off and on usually resolves any wonky things the Salty AP does.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t think of that. Thanks!

A/THR off/on often does miracles too! Haven’t had any problems anymore with lnav/vnav since updating to dev-version via FBW-installer.

1 Like

I have never had this problem with the Salty 747. However it does use the default MSFS autopilot

1 Like

Halfway, thanks. If I have future problems I’ll try that too.
MDA, I have quite a bit of time with the MSFS autopilot in the A320, A320NX and A330 and have not experienced the kinds of problems I am seeing. I’m gonna try the Dev version.

Oh I assumed you were on the Dev version. My understanding is that’s the better way to go. Stable versions are very old.

Switching. :blush:

And the simbrief-integration with the fms has become quite good too! Taxiing has become way better too.

i agree. I’ve only had one problem with Simbrief and I don’t remember exactly what it was but enroute the a/c was not following the simbrief flight plan but was going direct to the destination. I just re-requested the flt pln from SB and re-loaded it. That fixed it that time. What I described above was a different situation.