Is Save Game fixed in FS2024?

Can someone tell me about the ‘Save Game’ in FS2024? Broken in FS2020, is it fixed?

i hope it is…its hard to do long haul flights like this
although i understand it must be a nightmare to code if the game allows 3d party aircraft
but, in my view, at least in the “official” Ms/Asobo aircraft, the save game feature should be solid

Me too. That was my number one complaint (Bug) I logged (on day one) when MSFS2020 came out.
If it’s “As Real As It Gets” then I should be able to start a flight … finish and save and open up to exactly (minus time and weather) as I left it.
Just like it is in the real world.
I hope it is fixed.

1 Like

IMO it should be the same as if coming back from a pause (lie you said, minus realtime and liveweather obviously)

Sounds like you’re talking more about state saving (which allot of third party aircraft have),

@WackoSpore22394

For topic clarification, are you talking about the ability to say save mid flight, close the sim, re-launch and resume where you left off in the air.

or, to have your aircraft where and how you left it (on the ground).

No not just state saving.

Sure save in flight or on the ground

Like FX remember if you saved a flight as “default” the it would startup to that flight.

Are you referring to item #42 in the Wishlist (Lifetime) slide shown in the March 14th development update?:
Screenshot 2024-04-27 224434

If so, as it is marked as “Under Investigation” rather than “Planned for MS2024”, the answer to the OPs question would be “To be Determined”, I guess.

My Magic 8 ball says:

My top number one bug . Reported day 1 launch day of 2020 forum post zendesks all ignored . I do hope I will not be repeating history. In the end the problem is not the developers it is the end users the as real as it gets mob. You cant save in real life so not in the sim. Please everyone comment back this feature and asobo will do it . EVEN IF YOU DONT USE. Support simmers who need the feature to enjoy the hobby.

For me as real as it gets means shutting down the plane after a flight and then the next time I start the sim I can hop straight back in with the plane exactly where I left it and all buttons and dials exactly how I left them.

So yeah, (state) saving please for msfs2024

1 Like

Sometimes i really have a hard time following the developer’s logic. This is a no-brainer for me. How can it NOT be a high priorty bug that you cant save/resume a flight? i guess they go by the vote system and nothing more

My fear is, given how many developers (not all) have external code, and gizmos that run outside of FS, that something simple like saving a flight or running a replay is just never going to work properly.

Now, do you blame Asobo for not having the necessary features implemented at release for 3rd parties to do their work? Or you do blame 3rd parties for kneeling to the power of green paper instead of waiting, and feeling the community pitchforks? Tis a complex situation to say the least, more so than we likely know.

Do I think it’s going to be fixed in 2024? For default aircraft, possibly. But that’s possibly with a capital P.

1 Like