Is TCA Quadrant OK with small planes?

Hi Guys,
Looking to replace my defunct Saitek/Logitech quadrant with a small form factor unit that does the same but has better longevity/durability.
I fly mostly small planes (props and turbo props) and the TCA Quadrant seems the best option footprint-wise.
But what about functionality for small planes, since it was designed for commercial planes?
Thanks!

It’s absolutely fine. I’ve used it to fly everything from Cubs to fighter jets. The functionality’s there.

It does work best with the accessory pack that adds the flap and other controls, though.

1 Like

Thank you very much Editer. Appreciate you answering.
Quick question, when I search TCA Quadrant on YT, several videos came up mentioning problems mapping certain functions. Did you experience any issues? I’m not super tech savvy so trying to select low maintenance products…:slight_smile:

I didn’t have any issues – I think the problems were early on, before MSFS added a default TCA Quadrant profile to the sim.

I also have the TCA Quadrant that works pretty well .When flying with a C172,for instance, I use a dedicated mapping that consist to use the left thrust lever for “thrust” and the right lever for "mixture " management.
Referring to TCA Settings in general, on the Thrustmaster site there is a useful two minutes you-tube tutorial to correctly set the quadrant for the A320.