Is "the community" toxic?

Overall… Yes.

But there’s some good stuff here that makes it worth it to hang out. Kind of like a bar in Australia or Britain I imagine… Yeah, a fight between enemies, or best friends, will likely break out over nothing, but, I’ll just hang out over here with these blokes, so please just keep it over there thank you…

I play many games and FLIGHT SIM, along with League of Legends and COD are some of the most TOXIC player base. Sure you get some nice simmers, but just look at forums, posts on FaceBook (Especially in flight sim groups)…they are all toxic. I just watch from afar.

2 Likes

You want to witness some toxicity, go on over to TGP dot net (TheGearPage). Nothing but a bunch of antiquated musicians, unwilling to accept any kind of change from what used to be the norm 40 or 50 years ago. Stuck in tireless and endless arguments over gear, music, and anything that doesn’t fit into their mold.

3 Likes

Yes…! Like most sim forums are and 10x worse!

Jacks of all trades here!

…masters of none…lol

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Compared with EvE Online, Cod and LoL forums are beginner level.
And if you want to go full champions league regarding toxicity then go have a look at Kiwi Farms.

Yes just like the world. We live in a toxic world and there is no exception here. If anything avoid the facebook groups!

I would say “entitled” and “whiney” rather than toxic most of the time.

It is not near as toxic as the Avsim forums can get.

The flag system helps, but one of the most annoying issues here is that some of the chronic complainers use the flag system to block any and every post that disagree with them.

3 Likes

Well I don’t anything about the avsim forums.I am more familiar with some of the FB groups

I deleted my facebook several years ago. Which is one of the reasons I do not own a Quest 2 .

Well said, couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Hahaha. You got TGP right!
I too am one of those antiquated musicians. However I have changed with the times.
Back in the day, if it wasn’t a Gibson or a Fender, it was considered a copy. And if it wasn’t a Marshall it was rubbish.
But these days my favourite guitars are Ibanez [I own two beautiful Ibanez ‘super strats’ amongst others] and I use a DAW and modelling amps [currently Peavey].
Also, music [of all kinds] really has moved on since the dark days of analog. And the general standard of
musicianship is far greater now than it ever was.
I rarely listen to anything on analog anymore.

Course if I posted this at TGP I would be castigated for my views.
Yes things can and do get out of hand here occasionally. But you’re right, compared to TGP all is
sweetness and light!

HEYYYY! What u talkin about WILLIS! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink: JK
Cheers!

2 Likes

What’s funniest in this community is that some people automatically assume payware = good quality, effectively encouraging insane prices for scenery and aircraft and effectively discouraging anyone starting a freeware project. Compare this with the ETS2 community and cry in the corner.

3 Likes

Because that has been the trend for over a decade. Because flight simulators have never had a market this big, there was absolutely nothing to gain from freeware addons, so most of them were quick projects that would never really be finished. Sure, there were a lot of good ones, but most were not great. The only really good addons came from developers who were working on them for months, and obviously they needed an income to do that.

Things have changed now, due to the size of the customer base. Not only are there more people now willing to develop good addons for free, but there will be more people willing to donate to them, and more traffic to generate add revenue, creating some cashflow. So it’s not as bad of a deal as before, and developers can invest more time in a project and even have an incentive to do so.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.