Is the Flight Model of the MSFS 2020 realistic or do we need a completly rewrite?

Could care less what a real life pilot dictates about MSFS at this point…bottom line is there isn’t any real challenging excitement/butterflies nor adrenaline rush when landing heavies in MSFS. As compared to the older sims.
The landings and particularly flare dynamics feel absent. Taking over manual control after ILS feels way too easy and safe in MSFS.
Hence why there are so many videos of people just comfortably and confidently divebomb nosing the A320/747/787s onto the runways. The heavies in this sim just aren’t there yet.
Approaching runways like Santos Dumont, Kai Tak, and Catalina Island get the adrenaline pumping in older sims like FSXP3D/XP11. That immersive nervous feel just isn’t there in MSFS for me.

2 Likes

100% disagree on both points.

Btw. if the approach has been stable, landing is easy IRL as well.

11 Likes

That isn’t the point.

What ‘feel’ do you expect? Why should it not feel easy or even unsave?
There’s nothing to do except to pull the thrust levers to idle, the yoke back and wait.

Especially the touchdown feels very immersive in MSFS.

7 Likes

Such an experience with the old FSX ???
Try flying in the middle of a storm with FS2020 with RVR = 0 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

Ok will do!:beers:

1 Like

One of the big weak points in MSFS. You can’t set a really bad viz :frowning:

How? It’s new to me that this is even remotely possible in MSFS.
A ~CAT I minimum is the ‘worst’ wx you can achieve.

1 Like

Look, maybe in IRL we can talk about the behavior of the plane,
but here there are people who flew in the midst of hurricanes, landed with ILS cat 3 :cold_face:
if that doesn’t put pressure on you …

1 Like

Trust me, maybe it’s a Live Wheater bug, but it happened to me…
then IRL better do a TOGA and change airport, okay :joy:

Strong wind and low viz at the same time???
Again, whatever you try you can’t really set CAT II, let alone CAT III wx.

I think this topic has now reached the point of beng pointless and should be terminated.

1 Like

Wind problems maybe not, but a landing with VIS almost to 0, you can find that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can you post a link or screenshot for low viz?

Agreed. I have already showed evidence from FAA’s James Williams who tested MSFS 2020 and said its flight model is gamey and arcady. And it’s been like that since day 1 and never changed. Everyone knows it by now. There are many posts and articles about it in this same forum. Therefore we can safely and confidently come to the conclusion that MSFS 2020 flight model is not realistic and a complete re-write of the flight model is required. The OP could close the thread now if he wants to. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve never taken screenshoots :expressionless:
but if it happens again (Live Wheather only) I’ll send it to you :wink:

Hate to break it to you guys but actual GA airplanes can do that too. And I am a real world pilot (PPL). Aince an airplain „does not care“ if lift is generated through movement (trust ny the propeller) or excessive winds. For a cessna 152 you need around 45 knots to take off - that is around 90 kph or 56(ish) mph. That is not massive for a wind is it? So this actually would prove a realistic flight model.
Here is a picture of a c152 strapped down to prevent it from being overthrown.

A lot of GA airplanes have mountings for these straps for this reason…

4 Likes

Is there even a slight chance you stop this super annoying and never ending MSFS bashing?

14 Likes

I’ll bet that this will never happen.

In case you don’t know how CAT III wx looks like IRL…
ACTUAL CONDITIONS CAT IIIB LANDING AT NEW DELHI AIRPORT - YouTube

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Challenge accepted