Is the FlyByWire A32NX Incompatible post Update 5

Yes, indeed I am. Was wondering about that and totally makes sense. I’ll try w/o live weather next time. I’m in the cruise now and all is going well speed wise - showing M.778.

for now, yes… Until you go through a block where the SAT is +30 degrees C on FL390 that changes the air dynamics around the aircraft, which can slow you down to 0.5 mach and down to the A.PROT zone.

1 Like

You can switch in flight to custom weather. You inevitably hit the bug, most likely in the vicinity of airports were the ground Metar data gets mixed with the upper atmospheric weather.

I did some 5 nice flights yesterday with the latest Dev version. It works great all the way to the Autoland (dual AP function).

2 Likes

Switched it off and all good. Saw my ISA deviation spike to +50C. Yikes!

2 Likes

I have that after every update and almost every addon.
But as you already said: install cleanly - restart and it’s good.

I’m still having CTDs after a fresh install of the dev version but only with liveries other than the default flybywire liveries. Otherwise it loads. I tried using newly released liveries thinking they would be made to work with SU5. Unfortunately it still CTDs.

If you want, I can send you my own liveries collection (100+) separately that you can use. So far all my liveries collection are working, including with the flight numbers and callsigns.

2 Likes

That would be great! Thanks a lot :+1:

I’m only getting CTD at payware airports

at stock no crashes so it must be something to do with the payware airports not FBW

I intalled FBW320 from MSFS marketstore.Now wont work,how should i do ? Will it be a patch for it from MSFS ?

The FBW A32NX from the marketplace is no longer compatible. You have to delete it from the content manager for now, and use the FBW installer to install the Developer version.

Done a couple flights with the developer version fe97ce4 without problems.

Also tried some flights with the lastest dev version of FWB A320 after the update 5. Before I had the marketplace version, which I deleted.
I followd the various tips in this forum (Modern model, legacy, only standard livery, no live traffic, no tooltips in cockpit, whcih are anyhow disturbing because the obstruct the view on instruments)

Today I had the following experience (flight from Geneva LSGG to Paris LFPG):

1. Starting cold and dark at gate with idea to load Simbrief flightplan: Immediate CTD, just after world map when selecting “start to fly” (had to select the FBW A320, as before I had the CJ4 in the aircaft selection).

2. Same process as with 1), but this time the FWB A320 was “pre-selected”. Now it was okay to proceed, loaded the Simbrief plan and the CTD come only when taxiing to the runway.

3. Same again, but this time selected the flightplan in MSFS and started from runway (not cold and dark). Flight to Paris was no problem, no CTD, could also taxi to gate at LFPG. One observation, however, which probably is due to Live Weather selected:

Strange behaviour during climb and descent. Sudden jumps of speed (from 280 kts to 220 or up to 320), which made it difficult to climb, because had trouble to get to FL 320. This never happened before the update 5 and I did many flights with the FWB A320.

One question: I have now the A320 Dev version in the community folder (only entry). Where exactly (path) do I have to go and look for possible leftovers of my previous marketplace installation? (was mentioned in some postings above. Thanks for your input.

This is the Live weather bug that can make air temperature insanely high, which changes the way the engine performs. Thus creating that sudden under speeding behaviour. Until they release a hotfix, it’s best to use Weather Presets with static air temperature and barometric pressure in the meantime.

As long as you delete the marketplace FBW A32NX using the content manager, it should be cleanly deleted.

I have the same issue when trying to start a flight from a payware airport when using a livery other than default. However it works fine when I start a flight from a default airport and fly to a payware airport. Weird.

1 Like

Yes exactly what I have found ….bizzare

Thanks for the reply, Neo! Interesting enough, last night I had left it blank and to my surprise it was still stuck using the flight number I had assigned the night before as a call sign as well the flight number. I changed the flight number in the MCDU and ATC started using that as a flight number once I got air born but still used the old 1086 flight number as call sign. Now I am wondering where this is saved or even how it is being saved because I don’t save flights or flight plans and I verified the flight number and call sign was blank before loading in. :thinking:

Same here, updated through the installer last night and tried to fly the same flight the night before that worked even with an updated custom livery and initially had a CTD. I tried again but this time I loaded in two gates over from the gate I initially selected when it crashed to desktop and it loaded in without a CTD… Flying out of and into payware airports KLAS and KDEN :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for your input, Neo4316; so live weather is probably gone for the time being, till we have a fix.

And I guess also my experiences with CTD’s will remain without hotfix which seems to be the case for many users.

It’s a shame, I really liked MSFS 2020 before update 5, especially with FBW A320. I seldom played Prepar3D or FSX since the release.

1 Like

My hopes is that it will get sorted and we’ll see the A320NX back in working order and with twice to 3 times the performance we had prior to update 5. I mean, when I have been able to use the FBW mod I can now taxi around any payware airports I have with not a single stutter or hiccup thanks to update 5…

Well,i feel it very ironic and funny. First ,lots of people voted to add FBW mod to msfs inbuilt list and finally Msfs did it ! We can officially get from msfs marketstore freely .
However,just after the SU5 ,FBW dead and no one would like even mention to add to msfs again and let us simmers to easily enjoy it as before .So stupid ! Dont know the software developer have to accept your votes just because they want to prove they are hearing u .The fact is u are just a addon and can fellow the fast update of the MSFS itself.Konwing this ,why vote to add it at first? So,the vote if full of cheating or u are just be fooled !
Personal oppinions, forget it if uncomfortable ! tks.