Is the improved sensitivity good?

In the release note they state… “Improved sensitivity and twitchiness of control surfaces for the Daher TBM 930, Cessna 152, Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna 172 classic and Cessna 172 G1000”

It’s pretty twitchy… I don’t really find it improved, I find it unrealistically responsive. Even at slow speeds the planes react to the least amount of control input now. Am I supposed to turn down my sensitivity? Any RL pilots care to comment? I can turn down my sensitivity but I don’t know what’s a realistic setting would be…

Much improved here. See one of the excessive number of threads on this issue.

1 Like

I’ll have to search some more, I didn’t see it initially…

have you checked your joystick sensitivity?

Improved a lot for me too.

1 Like

I tweaked the sensitivity suggested by @anon99207371 and it seems much better. it’s just more “aggressive” then I have had to do with other simulators.

I still use -33% sensitivity on both main joystick axes and 2 % deadzone (Saitek X-52).

The stunt planes are flyable now with my Xbox controller.

TBM much better indeed.

A sim + x-box controller (shudders), lol. Like a remotely controlled miniature aircraft in external view.

1 Like

Further to my post above saying how much better the TBM was, after the hotfix 1.10.8.0 released today, the poor control seems to be back in the TBM.

Breathe on the HOTAS twist control (rudder) and it sends you off the runway, despite the new sensitivity controls.

Anyone else got this?

Much more like in real life. Have the honeycomb Alpha yoke, have not had to mess with the sensitivity graph at all.

I noticed the rudder sensitivity on the 172 steam gauges. I don’t think it’s any worse than it was, it just stands out now that pitch and roll have been adjusted. Maybe try adjusting the sensitivity curve aggressively on the rudder and reporting it in the bug tracker?

Much much better here! Have to say this is the best patch so far.

Some users have reported that the flight model has automatically changed from MODERN to LEGACY, which ruins all FDMs.
Suggest to check if this happened.

Much worse here. Cessna 172 feels like a fly by wire plane with the new changes. Micro pauses before planes moves on X and Y axis results in overcompensation. Jerky experience all round. So no, it’s a downgrade for me

I recently tried -25% on roll and pitch with 6% deadzone (yes 6!, still not sure about ideal deadzone yet) It seems to be working ok after getting used to the increased sensitivity. i tried the 30% setting that was recommended by somone but for me it just breaks the immersion when the rate of controller input suddenly changes. At -25% the transition on the curve is just small enough so i dont notice it. I have a Gladiator MKII. Maybe this can help somne else. It seems like this depends on personal preferences mostly.

Wish we could customize the axis more like DCS or xplane, bu thats a topic for another day.

I have an i7-3770 with 32GB RAM, a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 video card with 4GB RAM all on Windows 10 64-bit.

I’m flying 1080p resolution.

I’m using my Spektrum DXe radio with WS1000 USB dongle and when I try to roll left or right almost nothing happens! I need to get my roll rate cranked up at least 10x faster. Currently if I use rudder and aileron at the same time the roll rate improves, but it’s a lot of rudder and still way too slow!

OTOH, pitch is pretty good.

Seeing an improvement on my end. I never had a big issue with my Honeycomb but I’m noticing more consistency now.

I use the Thrustmaster stick and had major sensitivity issues no matter how low I set sensitivity until I switched to default joystick and it was way better. F.Y.I.