Is the Latest Update Actually 62 Gigs?

I haven’t had a chance to play in about a month, so when I started the game up I was expecting an update, but it’s reading 61.6 Gigs, roughly 2/3rds of the game’s download size (Standard Edition).

The update screen doesn’t offer any release notes, so I’m just wondering if the latest updates were actually that large, or is the game trying to reinstall itself? The install path is correct, I’ve removed all of the mods I had loaded, etc., but no joy. I’m on a 6 Meg connection, so I’d rather avoid 25 hours of downloading if I can. Thanks!

Hi, same situation just started the sim after few weeks off and I get the same update… no patch note!
I guess is the following update plus the latest hot fixes: [RELEASE] Release Notes (1.14.5.0) Sim Update III Now Available!

1 Like

I just discovered this to my horror as well. I haven’t played for a little while, but not so long it should need to be re-downloading huge swaths of the game code again. I already had Sim Update III and the France update installed. It’s a massive waste of my 250 gb monthly bandwidth limit.

There are so many issues and they just do simple plain stupid things like 60gb 1 file updates.
The Update System is an Error by Design.

1 Like

Hi @MaddMatt000

is G:\Packages the folder where you former installed the game ? If not , choose the correct folder.

PS.:

stupid may be assumptions like this… there is not 1 single 60 gig file

Where is the answer to this question of large updates? Will the updates
continue to be 60GB. I changed Internet companies to get the fastest
possible speed for updates and it still takes over 24 hours. Can you enter the flight programs without doing the updates? If so, how. It does not allow me to fly and every time I log on, it has mandatory updates.

The latest world update was about 17-20GIG, so far I remember me. The additional content in store then about 4GIG or 5…

EDIT: I find a screenshots about at my disc: 22.22GIG and in-game content 5.15GIG

5 megabit per second. That’s the fastest internet connection available to you? Ray, you really need to look at that connection if 60 GB takes 24hrs to download.

That assumes he’s able to get a constant 5 megabits the whole time, and 60000 megabytes at 0.6 mb/sec is a lot of hours.

1 Like

I checked the dates of the files to see when I last booted up the game, and it was April 21, a few days after the hotfix for the latest update landed, so whatever’s downloading now is not actually part of an update. I should open a ticket in the morning to see if support can clarify what’s going on.

I started downloading last night anyhow, but somewhere along the way Windows saw fit to perform an update, so it only managed about 5 gigs before the system rebooted. Sigh.