Is the new CRJ worth it

The aircraft is unquestionably worth the price. Of course there are some issues… that is not unexpected. My major concern at this point is the fact the switches on the Alpha/Bravo controllers do not work with this aircraft. I assumed that was their design to avoid the persistent switch state issue posed by those controllers. My hope is that changes in the future. The rear cabin looks like it was copied and pasted from the 1990’s but I usually stay out of the cabin so it’s not an issue for me. It may have been done that way for performance reasons but that’s above my pay grade.

1 Like

It’s a great aircraft yet nowhere near the complexity of the A320 - two different animals. But yes, you have to fly the CRJ which is where the fun is with it. Understanding how to properly work the AP and manage your speed in cruise, descent and approach using manual throttle is where the magic and feeling of accomplishment comes from with this aircraft. I’d say it’s worth it, just don’t build it up to be more complex than it is.

This is the statement that bugs me a little. If Aerosoft are citing challenges with the SDK to release a quality product, fine. Just don’t go and charge for it. Second, it’s not that complex. Honestly what the WT team are doing with the CJ4 is on par with what Aerosoft are charging $50 for. And they are working with the same “limitations” in the SDK. I did indeed purchase the CRJ - Maybe bought into the hype a little. I do believe it is the best payware aircraft available on the platform today but I do trust/hope Aerosoft will refine it as it will be a very solid payware aircraft if they do so.

3 Likes

I agree with you completely. Aerosoft does have a history of making improvements and enhancements to their aircraft so, hopefully, that will be the case for the CRJ.

1 Like

yes, it is worth. (simply put.)

1 Like

For sure yes! Lots of fun!

but the CJ4 Working Title is worth it as well…

Yes, and you can have both at the same price :slight_smile: !!

Best payware Airliner so far. The price is it fully worth. Just read the manual and u‘ll be on the Right way to have a lot of fun on regional Routes.

1 Like

Not sure why there is a but… the question was if the CRJ is worth it, and that answer for me is a straight ‘yes’. The CJ4 WT is loads of fun as well, but not what was asked.

2 Likes

Hey guys this isn’t really related to anything but could someone tell me where use damper is in the crj I’m new to the game and autopilot has not been working and I would like to know thanks

In the pedestal (guess you mean the yaw dampers?). But without reading the documentation for this plane, you wont really enjoy it. It needs some studying :wink:

2 Likes

If you are into more detailed processes and procedures it is very much worth it.