Is there a patch due tomorrow?

Hi @Oldmansimmer, according to the last development roadmap located here, yes, Update 6 is tentatively planned for tomorrow (11/10).

1 Like

Great, I just got this thing fixed from the last patch :frowning:

3 Likes

Hope they fix the blinking clouds error.

2 Likes

What exactly should be expect, tomorrow ?

The lightning with live weather will (hopefully) be gone. I guess that’s about it.

2 Likes

Best I can say is the last Developer Live Q&A talked about it at the 3:52 mark, and saying it is somewhat of a smaller update. Here is a link to the point where they discussed it. Other than that, the Dev Update / Blog post linked above sheds a little light on it as well. Should know more soon! :soon:

So my guess performance update comes after update 7?

I believe they said they were moving more stuff out of the busy core on Update 6 and we should see performance improvements. This was said in the Q&A session last week.

I hope they repair the Carenado Mooney they wrecked in update 5. It’s a CTD mess, and you can’t dismiss the yokes.

2 Likes

I watched the Q&A and wasn’t clear on this but ok thanks for confirming. Will wait for the build notes tomorrow.

Not sure if you noticed, but, Carenado and Asobo are spelled differently. I could be wrong but one of them is the developer of MSFS and the other isn’t.

Addons will continue to be hit and miss until the base and SDK are complete and stable.

6 Likes

The last update that arrived on my machine, some two weeks ago, 28Gb, took nearly ten hours to disgorge…

Fix for blinking clouds. ASAP.

1 Like

hope they fix the hotfix that didn’t fix the ctd.

:beers:

1 Like

The priority list, IMO, isn’t logical. This is a flight simulator, not a scenery simulator. Yes, I agree with efforts fixing CTDs and loading errors that some were seeing but I’d prefer to see improvements to basic functionality. Spending time on ‘grainy clouds’ and ocean waves is less important than fixing the ITT issue (completely backwards), the abysmal IFR functionality and broken autopilot. These are things that work in FSX, now 14 year-old technology. Please Asobo, put aside the fluff and focus on the aircraft.

That being said, I do appreciate the (usually) better flight modeling. The small aircraft feel more realistic in the air than past MS sims. (Ground handling isn’t so good though).

1 Like

Well, for me no CTD, BUT some of the cockpit functionality is broken due to Patch#5. Some buttons (non essentials) that were clickable before, are not anymore. This is the same for the MB339. MB339 dev said, specifically the issue has to be resolved Asobo’s end.
But I agree, SDK changes that will brake existing add-ons will happen from time to time.

Whose to say the people working on one item are the same that work on another? The Graphics team may be separate from the Plane functionality team for example.

Patch 6 - another step back !

PLEASE NOT! ASOBO!

I am shivering already.

Its a very important one as the main tread bottleneck should be removed which will increase frames for sure.

1 Like