Is there a plan to fix Norway on the in the sim?

Hi most of Norway`s airports are way of the real thing. And Bergen do have huge spikes in the terrain and Bryggen is on the UNESCO list and its not showing up on fligth sim at all. is there a plan to fix Norway on the in the sim? Trondheim airport looks like a farm house to. Its tragic.

Certainly a beautiful country and deserves to be represented well in MSFS.

My theory with the world updates is that those areas with the most users that will buy MSFS and the stream of add ons will see improvement first, for example small landmass countries with large wealthy populations such as Japan and the UK. The USA obviously will have the most users and resources. It’s just the way business see it.

1 Like

I know this is likely not what you want to hear but for ENVA Throndeim there are both a freeware and payware versions available.
Check out flightsim.to for many more free Norvegian addons, I count 55 entries, probably the most covered country

Maybe one day we will get a World Update - Scandinavia directly from Microsoft.

3 Likes

Seems like all scenery above a certain latitude is lacking. You can observe the same in Greenland,Iceland and Canada.

They said some time ago they already have new date for Scandinavia so now it’s just a matter of implementing it which will probably happen after major western European countries like Germany and France.

Welcome to Scandinavia, it’s a mess in MFSF.

Flightsim.to has 55 files covering Norwegian scenery, including a fix for the issue raised at the start, I think. Worth a trawl through here:
https://flightsim.to/by-country/NO

1 Like

We might get a Scandinavian world update at some point, other than that we got several great adon airports in Norway with more to come in just a few weeks

I live in Sicily but I hope to see asap Bodø Airport and surroundings where I stay in the year 1988 for job for one week. Very beautiful places including south of Norway.

I think this is due to more limited high res aerial imagery from those higher latitudes. Many of those areas spend up to 7 months or more of the year covered in snow, and much of the snow-free months with significant cloud cover. It makes it difficult to get good photographic coverage of the areas.

The AI autogen is only as good as the source imagery available, unfortunately. The AI isn’t perfect even with high resolution imagery, and its accuracy deteriorates as image quality decreases.

1 Like

Yes i see the problem. I have been using all the fligth sims ever. And lots of Norway is well placed and looking reely good. I hoped they would use google as the map for the sim. And i live in Norway. Yust hoping there would be a date or some hints for when the huge spikes would be adressed. And the airports would look someting like the real thing. And i got the addons for Norway. There good. Missing Flesland and a few others.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.