Is there a way to make cloud shadows more prominent?

I find the shaddows are not as obvious as they should be. Is there a graphics setting that affects the visual “strength” of cloud shaddows?

2 Likes

That’s so cool we’re at this level of request :smiley:

Sorry, no idea, seems ok to me…

3 Likes

If I’m flying below cloud, and I can see ahead of me a patch of ground where I can see sunlight, and thus a potential place to ascend, it’s enough for me to tell the difference. I suppose God rays would be nice. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I made a similar request some time ago. I think it would be totally cool.

1 Like

Cloud shadows are ok but they surely need improvement. Also god rays would be awesome. Will probably come with dx12

1 Like

I also tend to notice many times, no cloud shaddows at all over the ocean…:frowning:

1 Like

The cloud shadows are fine as they are.

Doesn’t the light rays setting effect that. plus the shadow and ambient occlusion settings.

Yeah I’ve noticed the cloud shadows aren’t even noticeable most of the time. Back in day with P3DV4 they were very noticeable, but the stuttering from using them was even more noticeable.

bring on the Ray Tracing support :smiley:

Hi all, as there is a current wishlist on this please continue the conversation there. Be sure to up vote that as well.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/clouds-and-shadows/317522

@hobanagerik god rays would be a separate wishlist topic as we only want one wish per topic. Do a search in #self-service:wishlist for that. If none is there, create a new topic for up voting. :+1:

Thank you.

2 Likes