Is there a way to take a quick flight in the A320?

What I mean is, if you don’t have the time, just by organising the route in the world view then starting on the runway, jets spinning?

The problem I have is that the FBW still needs a reasonable degree of setup time within the MCDU so that the autopilot operates correctly. In the standard Neo this type of startup works to a degree until you try climbing up to cruise altitude and the power just isn’t there while the auto trim has the nose pointing up over 70 degrees.

I don’t mind the FBW when I’ve got the time to go into Simbrief then program the MCDU but at other times I just want to climb aboard and fly.

The standard Neo used to be able to climb and I realise the current situation is a bug but does anyone know if this is likely to get fixed any time soon?

It would be nice to have both options available and working as intended depending on the time you have available to fly.

If you don’t want to start on the airstrip, then make your start point somewhere near the air port you want to start from. If you don’t have an airport at the start, you will enter at a safe start height.
And if you still need to set up just hit the pause option. Just a warning if you pause mid flight, the sim will continue to add calculations. It does this even though you are not moving in any direction. So if you nose up and climbing the plane will loose speed. Also facing nose down will gain speed.

1 Like

I may be misunderstanding your question, but yes You can start engines spinning on the runway by selecting a departure airport (it will automatically choose the runway in use) or a specific runway on the world map, instead of selecting a specific gate or parking space. You can also select IFR and put a basic flight plan in which will be loaded into the Airbus systems including ils frequency if you select an ils approach on the world map.

When I’m really short of time I don’t select any departure on the world map and instead select only an ils approach somewhere, and it will load me in on final approach (my favourite part of the flight!) with ils if selected.

Yes, I think you’ve both got the wrong end of the stick.

What I’m talking about is being able to load up and fly an IFR route in the A320 without having to set up the MCDU to the n’th degree in order that the autopilot works properly. For example if you don’t do this in the FBW then you won’t get the speed bugs working correctly. The stock A320 however is much more forgiving in this regard as you can set up a flight in world view and pretty much fly it from departure to arrival. The problem in this version however is that you struggle to reach cruise altitude and the autopilot trims up to insane angles.

Which version of the FBW are you using? I never use that plane myself as I get the invisible plane bug. The v0.61 is reported to be filled with bugs. There is a fix by downloading the v0.7. You have to use an .exe to add it to the community folder.
Check your version in game. If it is not v0.7 then remove it. Install the latest version from here.

To fix your ‘wonder women’ invisible plane bug, remove the fbw 320 in the content folder, then go download the installer off of the dev’s site, and use that. The current version is like .7 now. It works fine.

To op:

A quick start for the 320, leave the A/T off when you take off, V1, V2, launch, gear up flaps up, climb to the desired altitude or set A/T for around 280, set heading and altitude in the autopilot, engage, now goto your flight computer, click the dir button, select an airport once its punched in, the 320 will automatically start following the heading to the destination, then you can make whatever changes you want from there…

I think a lot of problems I was having with the FBW was relating to liveries. When I went to the installer to reinstall it I was met with a screen instructing me to convert three of the new liveries I had installed. After that things went much better.

EXCEPT for:
If I start on the runway with the plane already set up I find that my transponder code is set to 7000 and I can’t change it. Eventually ATC gets ■■■■■■ with me and I end up flight following. Ironically when they tell me my new squawk code the co-pilot changes it no problem. What am I doing wrong?

Guess I’m odd… I like the setup, flows, programming, take off, and landing… If in a “hurry” I can have everything setup by the time the GPS is aligned. If it’s taking you longer then ten minutes from cold and dark to take off, you aren’t working the best procedures.

I find the actual “cruise time” the boring part. So normally just do a short flight (under 1-2 hours).

It’s quite easy to take short flight with the FBW and a working AP.

You can just spawn on runways and push levers to TOGA take-off and that’s it. Of course you will not have SRS on take-off then. But for a quick flight not needed.

You can use all modes then, excluding NAV and CLB and DES. In flight you can even later setup a route then…so where is the issue?

by the way: to get SRS to engage you just need to enter a V2 on the performance page. That’s my it. It’s the same IRL.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.