Is there an AI Wingmen / Formation Flight tool?

As the title says, is there a tool out there that lets you fly with AI wingmen using aircraft and liveries of your choice?

I know that FlightControlReplay V5 has a ghost plane mode, but I’ve been looking for something a bit more advanced that doesn’t require you to first record the flight, e.g. for when you just want to do some sightseeing with some other aircraft of your choosing.

Every time I do a google search every few months, there’s still nothing really along those lines, just the recording tools and one specifically for the F/A-18 :frowning:

SkyDolly ??? may fit your needs

Formation - this module let’s you control your aircraft in the formation, set relative positions to each other, or simply join interactively an existing formation flight. Recordings with over 30 aircraft didn’t slow down the simulation in any noticeable way (*)

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! but from reading the description it looks like you need to record the flight first then replay it to get the other aircraft, unless I’m just getting confused.

I’m mainly looking for a tool that will allow me to just fly around at my leisure with the wingmen already following me, rather than replaying a flight I’ve already done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw something like this included in this preview video for the Indiafoxtecho Tornado. Check out around 4 mins in: https://youtu.be/aNQff7tzJ5Q?si=6VJ_7ucWtgnQ4eNh

Haven’t tried it myself yet, but it looks pretty awesome in that video though!

1 Like

Its free but you can support the devs and buy it from Marketplace as well.

1 Like

Thanks both of you!
Sounds like this might be what I’ve been looking for, as it talks about wingmen livery selection in the latest update too!
Though having tested it, seems like it currently can’t detect add-on liveries, just ones that came with the aircraft (with the F-35 at least).
But a great tool to have none the less!

Edit: the dev says it should save any livery for use later, if you choose to fly using it while the system is active.

2 Likes

Agreed it seems to work nicely, although doesn’t work with helicopters. I wanted to get some cool CH47 formation shots but I’ll have to try a Sky Dolly recording for that.

1 Like