Is there an Airport Editor being developed?

Does anyone know if any third party developer is working on an FS2020 Airport Facility Editor ?
I used AFX all the time on FS9 to edit ILS, lighting, parking etc, eveything except buildings.There was also the later ADE.
From a short aquaintance with this Sim there are so many errors on unenhaced Airports that it is likely to take Asobo for ever to sort them all out, and the SDK seems an unwieldy and complex thing for a non-developer to use.
In theory such a utility could be used to “edit out” the (IMHO) annoying pushback, and other ground objcts, from GA Airports ! , which usually just get in the way.

1 Like

Jon from Scruffyduck has commented elsewhere that ADE is being developed, I think he called it early Alpha stage.

1 Like

I look forward to that…and I bet I am not alone !

3 Likes

Be sure to cast your vote for the scenery gateway system also (a search on this site will easily find the post). That way all of the edits and improvements the people do may hopefully make it into the base version and eliminate the need for a whole bunch of separate downloads into the community folder.

At least one professional developer I know isnt too impressed with the SDK either. He particularly doesn’t like all the windows that have to be opened when using it. It has all the hallmarks of a bitty product that was not developed with a clear goal in mind. It does the job but its not very user friendly.

ADE 2020 is in development but there is no release date as yet We are currently in an early alpha but things are moving along

3 Likes

Hi John
Very glad to hear this. If ever a utility is really needed this one surely is !
Power to your elbows !

1 Like