Is there any carreer addon which forces me to fly random routes?

I am an active flight simmer since FS9 (2004). Back then all the scenery looked the same, so my only option was to fly from one payware airport to the other to get some sort of a variety. This basically forced me to fly the same routes again and again.
Now in MSFS we have this awesome digital image of the whole earth but I am still flying in the same country with the same routes like i did 15 years ago.
So I was wondering, if there are any addons out there which force me to go outside my comfort zone and having me flying routes in various parts of the world. With my current playstyle I feel like I am missing the point of MSFS.
Thank you for your suggestions!

1 Like

Not an addon, but what I do is following the IVAO tours. There are a lot of IVAO divisions all around the world and almost all have tours of different kinds (IFR, VFR, SOP, long haul, etc), that renew every year.
Here is the list of all IVAO divisions, choose one, enter the website and look for the tours: IVAO - International Virtual Aviation Organisation
I guess you have to create an IVAO account.
This has kept me busy for years.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t ā€œforceā€ you, as you can still select which mission to fly, but NeoFly is quite fun. I use it for the same reason. :slightly_smiling_face:
But you should wait for the release of NeoFly 4 (coming soon), as there seems to be no possibility to import your carrer from NeoFly 3 to 4ā€¦

You can try:
For GA: Skypark and Neofly (both have ā€˜bigā€™ updates comming soon).
For airliners: A Pilotā€™s Life - real routes by real airlines - ā€˜career modeā€™.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Iā€™ve been doing the ABC flights that Pilot Edge has put together on their website. Theyā€™ve kept me busy for a while, but are limited to western US. Iā€™ve been looking for similar type of put together legs for areas outside western US and these IVAO Tours are perfect.

What kind of flying do you mostly do? If airliners then you can get a lot of idea from real world.

To start with here is a random route generator. You can specify duration etc. No need to fill in airport code

For Airliner flying:

Choose your fav airplane type and see where they are in the world, then fly that route in the game. My fav is A320neo (A20N). FlightAware lists the routes the selected plane type is flying around the world.

You can then filter by flight duration. For example I dont like to fly more than 2hrs real time and so i look for flights like that.

You can also use FR for a similar purpose, it has v good filters

For all other flights you can see airports around the world here:
https://fsxmap.com/

ā€¦and then just buzz around!

I definitely encourage you to explore the globe :slightly_smiling_face:
I fly mostly in Asia , some shots for youā€¦

Indonesia

Philippines

India

Brazil

Happy adventures!

FlightAware.com also has a feature to select a random flight or random airport anywhere in the world.