Is there any workaround for the terrible way snow is represented?

Works fine on the ones I’ve tried so far.

CYTS
CYAM
CYYU

The others I have don’t get snow so can’t validate.

Because they are “FSXSCENERY” airports, they just use the default textures… For AddOns by more dediatec devs who use custom textures, it wont work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That makes sense :slight_smile:

Good thing they touched the far north ones I live in lol.

1 Like

Noticing the odd snow coverage a lot more now since live weather changed to METAR. Is this the reason, I assume (METAR)?

1 Like

it is NOT as it should be! at all! Alps are not Alaska, or Siberia, or Norway.
snow cover the top of the mountains, usually starting at 1000m and above. NOT the whole valley. rivers does not freeze, large lakes for sure does not freeze since… don’t know, 10.000years?
When it snow, maybe, you can find snow at the bottom of the valley for a few days, nothing more.
And, we have services to clean roads as well as runways.

Alps are suffering sever heating, severe ice loss, glaciers are dramatically reducing. but in MSFS is represented an alternative universe. not this one for sure.

MSFS (this will last 'till april, more or less, I’ve already seen last year):
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.02.26 - 16.24.34.51

An actual webcam of one of the town in the valley, no snow at all:
bild

What i ment was that it is better then those smearplaquettes of snow on the ground.
Snowheights are indeed way off. I don’t know if it is so easy to always have ‘clean’ roads, but i think that’s also more a bing maps thing

sometimes it happen, when snow is not too much, to see celan fields and mountains, but snowy roads… I think they should simply invert that IF…THEN instruction in the code :smiley:

I don’t like to criticize the work of others, I can’t even imagine the complexity of this whole project, but the outcome of this snow-effect is… bad. Is good if you use presets, is good if you fly in northern reagions, is bad in any other place of the planet.

1 Like

Zurich today. But i reallly don’t like those snowcarpets. It should start more gradually

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.