Is there anyone at all who isn't experiencing these half-second "hiccups" with FS2020?

Have you made a note of how llong it is between each stutter? If it is the same amount of time then that would suggest the problem maybe from outside the sim - like an autosave.
FSUIPC? Volanta?

I have only skim read the thread because I’m in a rush so you may have already answered this.

I have the exact same micro stutter and just assumed its due to loading new scenery. Learned to live with it…no big deal.

BTW, I seem to have more of these when using Google instead of native Bing.

1 Like

no stutters here. 4 hour flight last night buttery smooth

Ryzen 7 2700X
32gb DDR4
Radeon RX 5500 XT

Settings on high lod on 100 i think? maybe 150? Not too ridic

The only time I experienced it was with the newest nVidia Game Ready Driver, DX11 + TAA. I switched to DX12 and it went away.

Welcome to MSFS… microstutters never go away.

2 Likes

Stutters since I started using trackir5. Mainly when I pan. Of course the trackir5 makes it very easy to pan in both x and y axes quickly which i think is the main reason for me.

OP is ur stuttering limited to panning or other times as well?

Yeah, no, good thought on your part, and I thought of that too…it doesn’t seem to be the same time interval. If anything, it seems to be most prone to occur when turning the plane…that “brings more objects into view”, which seems to often (but not always) trigger the stutter. Which seems to be some kind of “scenery loading” type of stutter.

Don´t use textures on ultra (nor global textures nor clouds textures). Just use textures on high. We already noticed that effect during beta testing and it´s in most cases caused by too heavy texture loading. Your VRAM usage is dangerously close to 100% as well. You may need to reduce TLOD a bit as well maybe because you are pushing your card to its limits in the particular case of such a dense urban area.

Cheers

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at in my last part of my reply to you–I don’t have any way to test it other than to buy a new CPU/motherboard and do a complete reinstall of everything in my PC case. And given the expense, I’d be even more choked if I did all that, spent all that money, and found out it was exactly the same as before… :frowning:

Thanks…I’ve tried using the sim on the default preset “Low-End” setting, and it’s still occurring.

Have you checked your MoBo PCI-E lanes? Is the card slot running at full speed and is it´s bandwith not shared with any other slot where you have another peripheral plugged? On the other hand a 3090 card for such a MoBo is not the best I would say… Your MoBo is only able to delived PCI-E 3.0, while the card is a native Gen 4.0 one so it will be still running below it´s max capacity. Your slot is only able to work at PCI-E x16 according to Asus specs, which is fine for your current card but not for higher specs cards.

Cheers

I have not in fact checked the PCI-E lanes. How would I do that? I think you’re probably onto something with that maybe. Reason I say this is that my entire system was originally one of those prebuilt garbage “Cyberpower PC” Amazon purchases (long story short–I used to be really into PCs back in the day, like in the 1980s and 90s, but then switched to Macs, so lost touch with how to build a PC from scratch. Now I’ve swapped out almost everything and basically rebuilt it from scratch, but my system still has the original Cyberpower Z-490 and CPU, so I’m starting to think maybe that’s what needs to get swapped out. I’d just hate to swap it out and then find it didn’t fix it…)

You can check it in your MoBo BIOS. PCI should be set to Gen 3 and x16. If you have loaded the latest BIOS from Asus the default preset for the whole BIOS would most likely already set that. Auto would be also fine but anything below Gen 3 or x16 could be limiting your card performance. Check it just in case or apply the latest MoBo BIOS from Asus. You can fully trust in Asus presets. They are well tested and would most likely set most of the things to Auto, so there´s no risk.

Cheers

Run DPC latency checker. You want all GREEN when in the DPC. Unplug all USB devices and test. Reset your BIOS. Do a chipset update as well. Kill hyperthreading and test. Run in REALTIME from the TASK MANGER under the DEATAILS tab.

Cheers
PACO572

Thanks–checked, it’s all set to Auto.

1 Like

OK, I’m game to try anything. What happens if the DPC latency checker is not in the green? What should I do at that point?

Hardware process of elimination. IE: Start pulling everything out one at a time until your down to just the video card, mouse and one stick of ram and one drive. Plug the mouse into different ports.

Cheers
PACO572

If you can try a diffrent router/modem that was the cause of my pausing issues. I rent mine from comcast and can just exchanege it. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure what was going on.

I’m actually upgrading from 300mbps cable internet to 1Gig fibre internet in five days, so who knows, maybe that’ll do the trick. Were you seeing poor internet speeds before you switched?

1 Like

It was defently night and day with the new modem. Also when you do get the new one it resets your conection to your provider and gives you a clean connection without any fragmenting in the line. Also make sure your connections are all cat6 or cat5e.